Thanks Wynder! I am pasting this into the Delaware CCW Info page of the site. We are working to get each site updated and this is a great start.
This is a discussion on Carry Concealed Deadly Weapon Instructions within the Delaware Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; PDF of these instructions available here: http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?id=6208 Full state statute on obtaining license here: http://courts.delaware.gov/How%20To/...?code_ccdw.htm INSTRUCTIONS NEW APPLICATIONS FOR A ...
PDF of these instructions available here: http://courts.delaware.gov/forms/download.aspx?id=6208
Full state statute on obtaining license here: http://courts.delaware.gov/How%20To/...?code_ccdw.htm
NEW APPLICATIONS FOR A LICENSE TO CARRY
A CONCEALED DEADLY WEAPON
(DELAWARE RESIDENTS ONLY)
In order for your application for a license to carry a concealed deadly weapon to be processed, the following steps must be completed:
1. Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court. Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper of selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole name - no initials - and your home address.
2. Arrange to be fingerprinted. Fingerprinting by Appointment Only
Appointments are ONLY Tuesday & Thursday noon to 6:30 p.m.
You will be given the address of the Delaware State Police Troop to report to at the time you are given an appointment.
For an appointment call: (302) 739-2528 or 1-800-464-4357
Payment by certified check, money order, business check, or credit card for exact amount only.
*NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED* PICTURE ID REQUIRED
Fingerprints must be taken within 30 days of filing application.
3. Have the reference questionnaires completed by five (5) citizens from the County in which you reside.
4. Complete the attached questionnaire and have it notarized. (The Prothonotary Office will notarize a document for a $1.00 fee)
5. Include two (2) 2 x 2 color passport-style photographs of the applicant, taken within the six-month period immediately preceding the filing of the application.
6. Include the statutory filing fee of $34.50. Cash, money order or personal check, made payable to the “PROTHONOTARY” will be accepted. (Credit cards are accepted in Kent County ONLY)
7. New applications may be filed at any time. You must file the original set and a complete copy of all the documents. (DUPLICATE COPY) You may hand deliver your application to the Prothonotary’s Office or, if all the requirements are met, mail to the Prothonotary Office in the County in which you are applying:
New Castle County Prothonotary Office
500 N. King Street, Suite 1500
Wilmington, DE 19801-3704
Kent County Prothonotary Office
38 The Green
Dover, DE 19901
Sussex County Prothonotary Office
P.O. Box 756
Georgetown, DE 19947
You may be contacted by a representative of the Attorney General’s Office for a personal interview.
If you have any questions, please contact:
New Castle County 302-255-0556
Kent County 302-739-3184 ext. 164
Sussex County 302-856-5742
Following review of your application by the Attorney General’s Office and the Court, you will receive written notification as to whether your application has been denied or approved. If your application is approved, you must now complete an Approved Gun Course. For exact details of what the course must include see 11 Del. C. § 1441. Upon completion of the course please submit your Certificate - certified by the Instructor and notarized to the Court. Your new CCDW permit will be issued following receipt verification of the gun course.
That seems like an awful lot for a law abiding citizen to go through just to get to carry concealed. I would just rather carry openly.
That's what a lot of us do. :)
I took my DECCW training about a year ago at Marino Tactical Solutions in Lincoln, De. from Kirk Marino. Wow, what a great course. Small groups, completed in one trip, informal setting, no pressuere. Great on range firing setting. I recommend Marino to others all the time.
A positive experience.