NRA's work on National Permit - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

NRA's work on National Permit

This is a discussion on NRA's work on National Permit within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by wolfhunter The Feds already HAVE a national permit. It's called the Second Amendment. Aren't LEOs already trained ...

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The Feds already HAVE a national permit. It's called the Second Amendment.
    Aren't LEOs already trained to treat any potential criminal suspect they are dealing with as armed and dangerous?

And if it's not a criminal issue, who cares?

Rather than a national permit, how about a national per"not?" Who is NOT allowed to carry: Convicted felons, minors, illegals, etc. That way, the list you are working with gets alot smaller and the recourse becomes much clearer in every single case. Sure would make it alot easier on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling. Never missing an opportunity to include a NRA commercial cleverly embedded in an article, he took the opportunity to tell how much the NRA has worked with Congress on getting a National Permit to conceal carry across all State lines. What a crock!!!

That numbskull should know that we don't want that! Anything the Congress can pass as "law", they can reverse. We already have a "law" that gives us that right...the 2nd Amendment. The States have done a pretty good job of reciprocating with each other already. We don't need Congress getting involved with this issue, or it will be screwed up. If the NRA wants to lobby, do it with the States that don't recognize each other. Don't do it with Congress! The NRA wants to try to do it the easy way, without thinking about the ramifications of their actions. Those lazy clowns are stupid, and they DON'T speak for me!

Make sure you contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about Congress not doing anything about National Permits. It's none of their business! That is something the States can, and should, work out among themselves. If anybody should be doing it, it should be the Supreme Court with a ruling that is already there...the CORRECT interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, and specifically the 2nd Amendment.
    I agree with your assessment. If you give the nitwits in Congress the power to pass legislation for a National Permit, you will then have some states who dedicate a significant amount of legal resources to finding loopholes or tacking on barriers to the legislation based on some omission. You will soon have a law so complicated that people will need to hire a full-time legal consultant to exerciese their God-given right of self-defense. Congress seems to have but one goal----to take something simple that could be discussed and resolved over a cup of coffee, and make it unrecognizable. I'm not sure, but in their case, it also apparently translates into job security.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    A government powerful enough to give you everything you want is powerful enough to take from you everything you have.
    This is very true. If they can give it to you they can also take it away. Don't fall for the National Permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I'm an American Citizen and not just a South Carolina citizen! As an American citizen the 2A give me the right to carry anywhere. States shouldn't have the power to deny my rights as well as the federal government! Some say that they don't like a national permit because of states rights being infringed. I contend that States rights doesn't apply in this case because any restriction is unconstitutional regardless who makes the restrictions!
    I totally agree with your point, as it is the same one I have been making. If the Congress wants to pass a "resolution" that states they agree with "keep and bear arms", then I have no problem with that. They pass resolutions all the time, like one for recognizing a Sports Team for winning a National Championship. It is meaningless as law.

I have no problem with States doing the same thing. But neither the Federal Govt, or ANY State Govt, can regulate something, or endorse via a law, something that I have as a fundamental right that our Founding Fathers realized couldn't come from voted law. It is Natural Law. The ability and means to protect yourself, family, and possessions from harm and theft is not only fundamental, but is Natural Law that is inherent in any individual. Trying to legislate against that is as fruitless as trying to regulate against sneezing..it's an involuntary response that is natural to a human being.

Default National Permit

If one does the research one will find that only 3-4 states actually dont have a 2A clause in thier constitution, albiet the line that states that the state has a right to regulate the carry of firearms, i would like to see a vermont/srkansas style carry in all states

wolfhunter Guest

"Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual). "

"Individual rights are the means of subordinating society to moral law."

"Rights are not a matter of numbers—and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob."

All quotes from Ayn Rand

JSDinTexas Guest

Federal License? Not on my watch - the state laws are bad enough.
    Constitutional Amendments need no laws.

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling...
    Can you post a link to this article? I haven't seen it, or the bit about a National permit.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling. Never missing an opportunity to include a NRA commercial cleverly embedded in an article, he took the opportunity to tell how much the NRA has worked with Congress on getting a National Permit to conceal carry across all State lines. What a crock!!!

That numbskull should know that we don't want that! Anything the Congress can pass as "law", they can reverse. We already have a "law" that gives us that right...the 2nd Amendment. The States have done a pretty good job of reciprocating with each other already. We don't need Congress getting involved with this issue, or it will be screwed up. If the NRA wants to lobby, do it with the States that don't recognize each other. Don't do it with Congress! The NRA wants to try to do it the easy way, without thinking about the ramifications of their actions. Those lazy clowns are stupid, and they DON'T speak for me!

Make sure you contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about Congress not doing anything about National Permits. It's none of their business! That is something the States can, and should, work out among themselves. If anybody should be doing it, it should be the Supreme Court with a ruling that is already there...the CORRECT interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, and specifically the 2nd Amendment.
    The Bill of Rights is no longer a menu.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast