NRA's work on National Permit - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

NRA's work on National Permit

This is a discussion on NRA's work on National Permit within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by GOV5 I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris ...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling. Never missing an opportunity to include a NRA commercial cleverly embedded in an article, he took the opportunity to tell how much the NRA has worked with Congress on getting a National Permit to conceal carry across all State lines. What a crock!!!

    That numbskull should know that we don't want that! Anything the Congress can pass as "law", they can reverse. We already have a "law" that gives us that right...the 2nd Amendment. The States have done a pretty good job of reciprocating with each other already. We don't need Congress getting involved with this issue, or it will be screwed up. If the NRA wants to lobby, do it with the States that don't recognize each other. Don't do it with Congress! The NRA wants to try to do it the easy way, without thinking about the ramifications of their actions. Those lazy clowns are stupid, and they DON'T speak for me!

    Make sure you contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about Congress not doing anything about National Permits. It's none of their business! That is something the States can, and should, work out among themselves. If anybody should be doing it, it should be the Supreme Court with a ruling that is already there...the CORRECT interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, and specifically the 2nd Amendment.
    Here's the thing...

    Neither the Constitution or the Bill of Rights or any other of the founding documents grants us the right to keep and bear arms...
    Open or Concealed, anywhere, anytime, regardless of type or class of weapon...
    How can anybody possibly justify that you have less of a right to defend your life when your outside of your home?
    Or that right within the home is limited as well...

    The Second Amendment protects and re-affirms a unalienable, preexisting right you were born with...

    Without the Unabridged Second Amendment there is no possibility of removing a tyrannical government as the framers clearly delineated...

    "The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Can you post a link to this article? I haven't seen it, or the bit about a National permit.
    It was an article in the American Rifleman. You can probably go to the NRA website and read it.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,088

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    210

    Default

    I thought McDonald vs Chicago answered the question of a permit . What more do we need? The 2A.that should be enough of a permit. Anything more is superfluous IMO

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    482

    Default

    It took me a while to understand that comment when I read it last night. Funny, this morning when I read it again, I understood perfectly. It's akin to my response in a discussion with folks that don't like the idea of gun carrying. I simply ask them what other Bill of Rights articles do they think shouldn't apply. How about the one against unreasonable search and seizure? After all, if you are THOUGHT to be guilty by the cops, they have every right to come into your home or car and tear it up trying to find the evidence they thought waS THERE. LOL!!

    How about the First Amendment? You can be jailed for saying something bad about the President in a written editorial letter to you local newspaper. How would like that? Well, DUFUS,what other Articles do you want me to NOT apply to you,if you are willing to NOT apply the Second Amendment to me? HUH??

    That argument usually ends the debate. LOL!! But it really is the way the Anti-gun people operate.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    It took me a while to understand that comment when I read it last night. Funny, this morning when I read it again, I understood perfectly. It's akin to my response in a discussion with folks that don't like the idea of gun carrying. I simply ask them what other Bill of Rights articles do they think shouldn't apply. How about the one against unreasonable search and seizure? After all, if you are THOUGHT to be guilty by the cops, they have every right to come into your home or car and tear it up trying to find the evidence they thought waS THERE. LOL!!

    How about the First Amendment? You can be jailed for saying something bad about the President in a written editorial letter to you local newspaper. How would like that? Well, DUFUS,what other Articles do you want me to NOT apply to you,if you are willing to NOT apply the Second Amendment to me? HUH??

    That argument usually ends the debate. LOL!! But it really is the way the Anti-gun people operate.
    Bingo We have a winner !!

  7. #27
    Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The High Country
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    But it really is the way the Anti-gun people operate.
    Here's an example of the way the gun people operate: There was an old guy here a few months ago who ran outside and shot a couple Mexicans trying to steal his trailer. True story. That's basically all there is to it. Now he's up on numerous felony charges and the Mexicans (illegals) are running scott free - actually suing his arse.

    You want to stereotype? There you go. It goes both ways.

  8. #28
    handgonnetoter Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by utimmer43 View Post
    Can you post a link to this article? I haven't seen it, or the bit about a National permit.
    They had a vote on it a couple of months ago, and it narrowly was shot down.

  9. #29
    JSDinTexas Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Here's an example of the way the gun people operate: There was an old guy here a few months ago who ran outside and shot a couple Mexicans trying to steal his trailer. True story. That's basically all there is to it. Now he's up on numerous felony charges and the Mexicans (illegals) are running scott free - actually suing his arse.

    You want to stereotype? There you go. It goes both ways.
    I asked a LEO friend of mine why he carried a 10mm? He said if he wounds them, he gets to pay for their wheelchair for the rest of his life.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lebanon Co. PA
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    They had a vote on it a couple of months ago, and it narrowly was shot down.
    Are we talking about a national permit, or national reciprocity?
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. County by County Status
    By rheaj in forum New York Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 01:52 AM
  2. New law allows loaded guns in national parks
    By RRGlock23 in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 10:17 AM
  3. National Geographic show
    By magicman007 in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 12:38 AM
  4. National Park carry
    By xd.40 in forum Virginia Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 10:35 AM
  5. Investigative Report: Sheriff donors got gun permits
    By CA CCWInstructor in forum California Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •