NRA's work on National Permit
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NRA's work on National Permit

This is a discussion on NRA's work on National Permit within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest ...

Default NRA's work on National Permit

I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling. Never missing an opportunity to include a NRA commercial cleverly embedded in an article, he took the opportunity to tell how much the NRA has worked with Congress on getting a National Permit to conceal carry across all State lines. What a crock!!!

That numbskull should know that we don't want that! Anything the Congress can pass as "law", they can reverse. We already have a "law" that gives us that right...the 2nd Amendment. The States have done a pretty good job of reciprocating with each other already. We don't need Congress getting involved with this issue, or it will be screwed up. If the NRA wants to lobby, do it with the States that don't recognize each other. Don't do it with Congress! The NRA wants to try to do it the easy way, without thinking about the ramifications of their actions. Those lazy clowns are stupid, and they DON'T speak for me!

Make sure you contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about Congress not doing anything about National Permits. It's none of their business! That is something the States can, and should, work out among themselves. If anybody should be doing it, it should be the Supreme Court with a ruling that is already there...the CORRECT interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, and specifically the 2nd Amendment.

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I haven't been on my soapbox lately, but I just finished reading the article by Chris Cox about the latest Supreme Court ruling. Never missing an opportunity to include a NRA commercial cleverly embedded in an article, he took the opportunity to tell how much the NRA has worked with Congress on getting a National Permit to conceal carry across all State lines. What a crock!!!

That numbskull should know that we don't want that! Anything the Congress can pass as "law", they can reverse. We already have a "law" that gives us that right...the 2nd Amendment. The States have done a pretty good job of reciprocating with each other already. We don't need Congress getting involved with this issue, or it will be screwed up. If the NRA wants to lobby, do it with the States that don't recognize each other. Don't do it with Congress! The NRA wants to try to do it the easy way, without thinking about the ramifications of their actions. Those lazy clowns are stupid, and they DON'T speak for me!

Make sure you contact your representatives and let them know how you feel about Congress not doing anything about National Permits. It's none of their business! That is something the States can, and should, work out among themselves. If anybody should be doing it, it should be the Supreme Court with a ruling that is already there...the CORRECT interpretation of the U.S. Constitution, and specifically the 2nd Amendment.
    I can see your point, but if I try to carry the next state over, Ohio, then I get hauled to jail. There is a Utah CCW permit class in Angola this fall, if I can get one of those then the story will be different.

twogunwilly is offline American

NY will never do this on there own. I'm all for it if it can force them to comply, allowing free passage of permit holders at a national level sounds like win win!

I've got mixed feelings on this one, but i think I have to come down on the side of GOV5...while a national permit would be very convenient, I don't like ANYTHING federalized, and I don't like the idea of the feds having an even more complete list of those that carry than they probably already have....once they have the list, and decide at a later date to do a gun grab, or something similar, they will have all the info they need. Currently, it's state by state, and I live in a state that is currently pushing back on the feds on policies such as health care and firearms restictions.

I think my distrust of the feds outweighs my desire to have a "one size fits all" carry permit

wolfhunter Guest

The Feds already HAVE a national permit. It's called the Second Amendment. They just need to stop passing or allowing laws that restrict it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The Feds already HAVE a national permit. It's called the Second Amendment. They just need to stop passing or allowing laws that restrict it.
    I'm with you Wolfhunter. If they would like, we can all carry a laminated copy of the 2nd Ammendment in our wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I can see your point, but if I try to carry the next state over, Ohio, then I get hauled to jail. There is a Utah CCW permit class in Angola this fall, if I can get one of those then the story will be different.
    My point is that you should be all over your state representatives to get them to contact Ohio and remove that restriction,o r do wahtever is necessary in your state to comply with what requirements are in place in Ohio.
    The Federal Govt has no place in that dispute, and shouldn't have a place in it.

I'm an American Citizen and not just a South Carolina citizen! As an American citizen the 2A give me the right to carry anywhere. States shouldn't have the power to deny my rights as well as the federal government! Some say that they don't like a national permit because of states rights being infringed. I contend that States rights doesn't apply in this case because any restriction is unconstitutional regardless who makes the restrictions!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jibbster View Post
    I've got mixed feelings on this one, but i think I have to come down on the side of GOV5...while a national permit would be very convenient, I don't like ANYTHING federalized, and I don't like the idea of the feds having an even more complete list of those that carry than they probably already have....once they have the list, and decide at a later date to do a gun grab, or something similar, they will have all the info they need. Currently, it's state by state, and I live in a state that is currently pushing back on the feds on policies such as health care and firearms restictions.

I think my distrust of the feds outweighs my desire to have a "one size fits all" carry permit
    Damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

A government powerful enough to give you everything you want is powerful enough to take from you everything you have.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast