NRA Response to Kagan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NRA Response to Kagan

This is a discussion on NRA Response to Kagan within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Here is the response from the NRA on Kagan. As far as I am concerned the NRA has sold out ...

JSDinTexas Guest

Default NRA Response to Kagan

Here is the response from the NRA on Kagan.
    As far as I am concerned the NRA has sold out - didn't fight hard enough on this - and the statement is BULL!
    When my membership runs out, I think I am done with them.

NRA-ILA :: <P>Statement on Elena Kagan?s Confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court </P> <P>Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President, National Rifle Association & Chris W. Cox, Executive Director, National Rifle Association-Institute for Legislative Ac

They state: "The nomination and confirmation of two justices with an inherent bias against the Second Amendment is a direct assault on our treasured freedom. The fate of our Second Amendment hangs perilously - by one vote. The need for eternal vigilance on the part of every American has never been greater."

Translation - send more money so we can continue to fight for your 2nd even though we have done little to stop this - BULL!

Jsdin,

I don't blame the NRA they actually are the good guys, I understand your frustration (I share it). Please keep in mind the administration that wanted her in (the majority) wont even listen to it's own people (That voted for them in the first place). Honestly what is the NRA going to do against that? kind of like the nation Vs. healthcare (ObamaCare) your witnessing a wild party that only a select few are invited to participate in and unfortunately the NRA is not on the attendees list.

Just my thought... Think of all the NRA has accomplished, I guess that’s what keeps me coming back.

Remember November 2 and tell your friends.

P.S. God bless Texas I love that state!

JSDinTexas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tigpro View Post
    Jsdin,

I don't blame the NRA they actually are the good guys, I understand your frustration (I share it). Please keep in mind the administration that wanted her in (the majority) wont even listen to it's own people (That voted for them in the first place). Honestly what is the NRA going to do against that? kind of like the nation Vs. healthcare (ObamaCare) your witnessing a wild party that only a select few are invited to participate in and unfortunately the NRA is not on the attendees list.

Just my thought... Think of all the NRA has accomplished, I guess that’s what keeps me coming back.

Remember November 2 and tell your friends.

P.S. God bless Texas I love that state!
    Very kind of you to mention Texas, and you really do have a good point - just frustration on my part I suppose.

Default The NRA lost me at "Thank Harry Reid" ...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

This one I most definitely agree with you on. Harry Reid is no friend of the 2A and neither is the new justice.

Question NEWS NRA Response to Kagan

I've read Wayne LaPierre's comment on Elana Kagan's SCOTUS confirmation... nowhere in it did he cheer her being confirmed to the Supreme Court, in fact, his comments were to totally condemn the appointment rather that cheer it. I think you need to read his comments again!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I've read Wayne LaPierre's comment on Elana Kagan's SCOTUS confirmation... nowhere in it did he cheer her being confirmed to the Supreme Court, in fact, his comments were to totally condemn the appointment rather that cheer it. I think you need to read his comments again!
    Ed, I agree with you on Wayne LaPierre & the NRA's current position & statements on Elena Kagan, but I am very concerned about their flip-flop on her...
    E.G.: Their initial position on Kagan vs. how it evolved during her confirmation process, etc...

Additionally, I am wondering IF after Harry Reid's part in BOTH the Sotomayor & Kagan confirmations; IF the NRA will FINALLY DENOUNCE & OPPOSE HARRY REID...

Remember, Remember November 2nd, 2010

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

JSDinTexas Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    I reread the statement on the NRA site. You are correct - but then again, anyone can stand up and condemn something after the fact - actions speak louder than words.

Default NRA's Waffle On Kagan...

NRA Issues Gag Order to Its Board Members on Elena Kagan

Posted by Erick Erickson
    Sunday, June 27th at 12:45PM EDT

Internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members are highlighting just how far the National Rifle Association has fallen.

The organization recently collaborated with the left to obtain a carve out of the DISCLOSE Act, legislation designed to silence bloggers and outside interest groups like tea party activists. This was a first amendment issue and the NRA gladly took a position and campaigned for its members to take a position on the DISCLOSE Act.

One of the NRA’s chief arguments was that it needed the carve out to be effective in its advocacy of Second Amendment issues. But here’s the problem: these internal Senate emails confirmed by NRA Board Members show that the National Rifle Association’s management team has explicitly and directly told the NRA’s board they are prohibited from testifying about second amendment issues during the Elena Kagan confirmation hearings.
    That’s right: the foremost gun rights lobby in the nation is prohibiting its board from testifying in the Elena Kagan confirmation hearings about the second amendment.

The NRA did issue a statement on Friday after the internal Senate email began leaking out informing people of the gag order. The statement noted Kagan’s problematic record on guns, but that’s just smoke and mirrors.

Don’t believe them when they say they are working with Senators to investigate her record. If they were really working with Senators, they would have accepted an invitation to testify on the Kagan nomination when they were invited. The gag order on board members is not limited to providing testimony, but it prohibits board members from coming out against Kagan in their individual capacity.

If the NRA is really working with pro-guns Senators and Kagan is really hostile to Second Amendment rights, which she is, they will score her confirmation vote and actually make the score count this time, unlike they did on the confirmation of Sonya Sotomayor. With Sotomayor, they waited until several days after RedState began demanding a score and then, in effect, announced they’d score it and ignore it.

First they collaborated with the left to get the DISCLOSE Act through the House, now they are blocking their own from speaking out against Elena Kagan. Is this the deal the NRA cut with the left? They get a carve out and shut up their board?
    http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/0...n-elena-kagan/

I don't trust the NRA as far as I can throw them...

Disclose Act...
    ... congressional leaders announced they would exempt us from its draconian restrictions on free speech. If that happens, we will not be involved in the final House debate. If it doesn't, we will continue to strongly oppose the bill. - NRA Statement June 17th, 2010 ...

“[T]he NRA -- on whose board of directors I serve -- rather than holding steadfastly to its historic principles of defending the Constitution and continuing its noble fight against government regulation of political speech instead opted for a political deal borne of self-interest in exchange for ‘neutrality’ from the legislation's requirements.”

-- NRA Director Cleta Mitchell, June 17, 2010

Source:
    washingtonpost.com

The NRA Supported the National Firearms Act of 1934, In fact, they've supported gun rights infringements "since...1871." ...
    The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment

Gun Owners Of America - The Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington:
    Gun Owners of America

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

Default thank you

Gypsy,
    Thank you for the flashing light.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast