Kansas: Gun rights amendment on Nov. ballot

This is a discussion on Kansas: Gun rights amendment on Nov. ballot within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Kansas: Gun rights amendment on Nov. ballot Gun rights amendment on November ballot in Kansas - kwch.com This November, when ...

Default Kansas: Gun rights amendment on Nov. ballot

Gun rights amendment on November ballot in Kansas - kwch.com

This November, when Kansans vote for legislators and a new governor, they will also be asked to amend the Kansas State Constitution to give Kansans the right to own a gun....

Kansans can have them, carry them, and shoot them. But did you know you don't have a constitutional right to own a gun in Kansas?

At least, not yet. This November, when you vote for legislators and a new governor, you will also be asked to amend the Kansas State Constitution - to give Kansans the right to own a gun.

Read About It: KWCH (Wichita, Kans.)

IS this crazy or what?

I suppose it is a good idea considering the way the fed has been going, but still... WTF is the Second Amendment good for IF it does not protect the right of every law-abiding u.s. citizen to keep & bear arms, regardless of type, class, concealed carry, open carry, etc...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post

Gun rights amendment on November ballot in Kansas - kwch.com

This November, when Kansans vote for legislators and a new governor, they will also be asked to amend the Kansas State Constitution to give Kansans the right to own a gun....

Kansans can have them, carry them, and shoot them. But did you know you don't have a constitutional right to own a gun in Kansas?

At least, not yet. This November, when you vote for legislators and a new governor, you will also be asked to amend the Kansas State Constitution - to give Kansans the right to own a gun.

Read About It: KWCH (Wichita, Kans.)

IS this crazy or what?

I suppose it is a good idea considering the way the fed has been going, but still... WTF is the Second Amendment good for IF it does not protect the right of every law-abiding u.s. citizen to keep & bear arms, regardless of type, class, concealed carry, open carry, etc...

In case you missed it, there was a case: Chicago vs. McDonald. The 2nd amendment is incorporated against all the states via the 14th amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi357 View Post
    In case you missed it, there was a case: Chicago vs. McDonald. The 2nd amendment is incorporated against all the states via the 14th amendment.
    I think you missed my point, this was put on the ballot POST McDonald v. Chicago...

Be that as it may, I think they should have ruled the Second Amendment stands on its own, without muddying up the waters with the redundant & ambiguous 14th amendment and 150 years post-civil war convoluted legalese in direct conflict with the tenets of the framers second amendment...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    I think you missed my point, this was put on the ballot POST McDonald v. Chicago...

Be that as it may, I think they should have ruled the Second Amendment stands on its own, without muddying up the waters with the redundant & ambiguous 14th amendment and 150 years post-civil war convoluted legalese in direct conflict with the tenets of the framers second amendment...
    I totally agree with you! I have come to intensely dislike the NRA and their bumbling bureaucrats. They had a PERFECT chance to get the entire 2nd Amendment fight all cleared up, once and for all. THEY BLEW IT!! !

The NRA attorney, Alan Gura, came up with the 14th Amendment strategy, to attempt to "incorporate" the 14th Amendment so as to give the 2nd Amendment it's "sea legs". What an idiot that guy was!

The ENTIRE 2nd A fight has been watered down with his efforts. Why would you need another amendment to use to "prop up" the 2nd Amendment. The whole idea of that implies that the 2nd Amendment is as "weak sister" of the rest of the Amendments, i.e., it isn't strong enough to stand on it's own. NICE, GURA!! You just gave credence to the anti-gun crowd by virtue of your strategy! You dumb klutz!!!!!

The REAL reason Gura went this way, rather than the proper way, was that if he went our way, he would have gotten a ruling that would have settled all this gun argument debate forever, and we would have been able to own, carry, and use the gun by virtue of the power of the 2nd Amendment. AND, the NRA would cease to have a reason to EXIST!!!!

They have become a big bureaucracy with a huge payroll, and a lot of people that are totally enamored with their positions. They like the press coming to them for "their take" on "this" and "that" regarding gun legislation issues around the country. I.E., they have gotten to big fore their own pants!

THEY ARE IMPEDING OUR PROGESS, NOT HELPING IT!!!! Their reason for existence should be to put themselves out of work!!

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    I totally agree with you! I have come to intensely dislike the NRA and their bumbling bureaucrats. They had a PERFECT chance to get the entire 2nd Amendment fight all cleared up, once and for all. THEY BLEW IT!! !

The NRA attorney, Alan Gura, came up with the 14th Amendment strategy, to attempt to "incorporate" the 14th Amendment so as to give the 2nd Amendment it's "sea legs". What an idiot that guy was!

The ENTIRE 2nd A fight has been watered down with his efforts. Why would you need another amendment to use to "prop up" the 2nd Amendment. The whole idea of that implies that the 2nd Amendment is as "weak sister" of the rest of the Amendments, i.e., it isn't strong enough to stand on it's own. NICE, GURA!! You just gave credence to the anti-gun crowd by virtue of your strategy! You dumb klutz!!!!!

The REAL reason Gura went this way, rather than the proper way, was that if he went our way, he would have gotten a ruling that would have settled all this gun argument debate forever, and we would have been able to own, carry, and use the gun by virtue of the power of the 2nd Amendment. AND, the NRA would cease to have a reason to EXIST!!!!

They have become a big bureaucracy with a huge payroll, and a lot of people that are totally enamored with their positions. They like the press coming to them for "their take" on "this" and "that" regarding gun legislation issues around the country. I.E., they have gotten to big fore their own pants!

THEY ARE IMPEDING OUR PROGESS, NOT HELPING IT!!!! Their reason for existence should be to put themselves out of work!!
    I only agree with you about fifty percent of the way. I am sure the NRA has their own agenda, but you cannot deny that you need groups, like the NRA, to counter crap groups like the Brady campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    I only agree with you about fifty percent of the way. I am sure the NRA has their own agenda, but you cannot deny that you need groups, like the NRA, to counter crap groups like the Brady campaign.

Gun Owners of America - The Only No-Compromise Gun Lobby In Washington...

Gun Owners of America

With Friends Like The NRA, who needs enemies? ...

They are PART OF THE PROBLEM...

The NRA Continues To Compromise On The Second Amendment

The NRA Supported the National Firearms Act of 1934, In fact, they've supported gun rights infringements "since...1871."
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3247

"The National Rifle Association has been in support of workable, enforceable gun control legislation since its very inception in 1871."
    NRA Executive Vice President Franklin L. Orth
    NRA's American Rifleman Magazine, March 1968, P. 22

Harry Reid - "A" Rated By The NRA, "F" Rated By The Gun Owners Of America...
    Who has it right?

I am a Life Member of the NRA. I also belong to GOA, if I give discretionary cash out, it is to the GOA.

I am increasingly disappointed with the stance and positions of the NRA. In my opinion, I have wondered if the NRA wants the 2nd Amendment cleared up and put to rest permanently. The NRA seems to settle for half measures where a settlement of the legitimacy of the 2nd once and for all was at hand, but they pulled a defeat from the jaws of victory.
    I echo the sentiments of others that the NRA has its own agenda, mostly to maintain the need and influence (and money raising ability) of the NRA. The upper management of the NRA travels in high and lofty circles with our money. I highly doubt Wayne LaPierre wants to lose his life style. That is the problem with long term politicians and lobby groups, they like the life, influence and power the beltway life provides them at our expense. The NRA seems to be more intent to maintain the boogeyman than to kill him off.

Steve
    Last edited by .45acp; 08-23-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: fer spellin