Brady Whining About Missing Guns
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jwalker3181
  • 1 Post By Derby

Brady Whining About Missing Guns

This is a discussion on Brady Whining About Missing Guns within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/09/01/missing.guns.report/index.html They say manufacturers can't account for almost 17,000 guns manufactured over the last three years. BATFE says about 5 ...

cmhbob is offline Sig fault.

Default Brady Whining About Missing Guns

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/09/01/missing.guns.report/index.html

They say manufacturers can't account for almost 17,000 guns manufactured over the last three years. BATFE says about 5 million guns were made in 2008. Doing the math over three years gives us a rate of .0011 missing guns, or about one tenth of a percent. Over three years. Show me another industry that can match that rate.

Note that they don't name the manufacturers or list any information from the BATFE industry report, so we can't check their story. Typical.

As with anything the Brady bozos come up with, what else is new?

Ask the government letter agencies to account for THEIR missing guns

Doing what they do best,making up stories and whining

My question is how many of those guns went to Mexico in the "Fast and Furious" program?

According to the article,16,485 guns are unaccounted for in a two and a half year period. It also says that there are 4,487 gun manufacturers in the US. The Brady report keeps implying that the missing count is likely low. I believe that they would use the HIGHEST count they felt they could support. So I will use their numbers which would mean the great average of less than 1.5 guns per year/per manufacturer.

Could the gun manufactures do a better job? Sure. Of course if our 2nd amendment rights weren't being stomped by most states, counties and cities, there would be less of a temptation for gun theft.

Derby

Check with Fast and Furious. They probably gave them to the Mexican cartels.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From a Marine Sniper -- "you can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Derby:226075
    My question is how many of those guns went to Mexico in the "Fast and Furious" program?

According to the article,16,485 guns are unaccounted for in a two and a half year period. It also says that there are 4,487 gun manufacturers in the US. The Brady report keeps implying that the missing count is likely low. I believe that they would use the HIGHEST count they felt they could support. So I will use their numbers which would mean the great average of less than 1.5 guns per year/per manufacturer.

Could the gun manufactures do a better job? Sure. Of course if our 2nd amendment rights weren't being stomped by most states, counties and cities, there would be less of a temptation for gun theft.

Derby
    Right, that's where they're at

Too bad that their extreme and melodramatic anti-gun rhetoric cannot separated from what does seem an issue of some importance. A lack of control and accountability that allows such firearms to get into the hands of criminals is a travesty, but has nothing to do with the rights of law-abiding citizens.

There is no evidence to suggest that the supposedly missing guns fell into criminal hands, is there? How many were sent to gun writers for testing, or failed in quality control and the serial number just wasn't vacated vs. were stolen in transit somehow? I'd like to see the NSSF rebuttal to the Brady bunch's claims before making any hasty judgments. That said, 16k missing guns is troubling. But not more than the thousands that FBI, Treasury, armed forces and state LE agencies can't account for. I work for a federal agency, that inventories its computer equipment twice annually. If others don't exercise even that much control on their firearms, it's time for some change in leadership and management.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants ... for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Obama and JD selling to drug lords in mexico so they can ban sales here by making it look like gun dealers here are the criminals.