Second Amendment Sisters
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Oldgrunt
  • 1 Post By tuts40

Second Amendment Sisters

This is a discussion on Second Amendment Sisters within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; While surfing the internet gun and 2d Amendment sites this morning, I came across a site I had never heard ...

Default Second Amendment Sisters

While surfing the internet gun and 2d Amendment sites this morning, I came across a site I had never heard of before. It is called the "Second Amendment Sisters" (Second Amendment Sisters - Self-Defense is a Basic Human Right). I didn't know that the distaff side was so vocal in 2d Amendment rights and had such a site. The articles I read were very good and I intend to visit the site quite often. I recommend it to men as well as women. After all, we all know that behind every man is a good woman!

Have you been to the website: Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership? It is also interesting.

JPFO - NRA correspondence

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cc_ryder View Post
    Have you been to the website: Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership? It is also interesting.

JPFO - NRA correspondence
    True, so true! I forget that even here there are those who are not familiar with JPFO and the work they do to try and educate us about our own Bill of Rights. The Grandpa Jack series is a great tool to use to present the idea of freedom, liberty and even the insanity of gun control to the un-knowing. The DVD's are killer. If there could be only ONE place that we could get our informational tools to even attempt to win the hearts and minds of the ignorant sheeple's of this country I'd choose JPFO.

BTW, people have asked... You do not have to be a Jew to obtain a membership, or to purchase materials or to educate yourself at the web site. You only have to have a deep love and respect for your own liberty and the well being of this country's founding papers.

JPFO was founded to protect the right to bear arms, hence the name, but has morphed to the consideration of the entire Bill of Rights. When I spoke to Aaron Zelman of JPFO in late 2007 while discussing the Von Maur shooting here in Omaha, before his death, he let me know a bit about JPFO's history and what it meant to him and his family. He even answered the phone once to take an order while they had some issues with the online store!

I digress. Keep your powder dry and let's hope JPFO can continue their unique and needed mission for many years to come.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I used to be active in the 2A Sisters, but our chapter only included three women and finally folded. I quit looking at the national website a long time ago because it never had any new content. Guess it's time to go back and look. Thanks for mentioning it here.
    NRA Certified instructor: handgun, self defense, CRSO

Thanks, Oldgrunt, for the info. I found the site a few years back and had forgotten about it. Will have another look. I do hope that the woman behind me has a gun (and is a good shot!).

A quick perusal of the SAS site brought me to this page:: http://www.2asisters.org/PhysicianAffidavit.pdf . Looks like a good form to provide to your nosy doctor. There again, if I had a doctor asking those kinds of questions, I'd be finding another doc. But it would be good to let them know that they don't know what they're talking about and should confine their inquiries to medicine.