The Only Thing That Pisses Me Off More than Rambo Wannabes... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

The Only Thing That Pisses Me Off More than Rambo Wannabes...

This is a discussion on The Only Thing That Pisses Me Off More than Rambo Wannabes... within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Sure, it's not very likely to become a victim of gun violence. But neither is winning the lottery or getting ...

Sure, it's not very likely to become a victim of gun violence. But neither is winning the lottery or getting hit by lightning and I still play and don't go out in thunderstorms.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

After all, I'M not the one who's going to hurt people with it.
    I would be willing to bet that almost every person who has accidentally shot someone has either said or at least thought that at one time before they shot someone. How can an employer be 100% certain that you will be able to back up that statement? Now I am not picking on anyone here and I know you have the best intentions, very good training and try to follow all the safety rules but that statement is just bravado and with that attitude I sure would not want you carrying while working for me.

This is not to say in the least that I want to ban guns from the workplace but rather there are lots of people killed every year by "unloaded" guns and people killed by drivers who have been driving for years and never had an accident or traffic ticket. When it comes to guns, or lots of other things, I don't trust anyone including myself but I do trust the odds and that means the need to carry usually outweighs the probability of an accident or negligent discharge. Like someone famous once said, if you haven't had an accident with a gun you just haven't been shooting long enough.

Most office shootings are done by ex employees or of a domestic cause. Dont think for a moment I dont watch out for people who have been fired or soon to be ex's. Carry quietly....
    When liberals run out of other people's right to infridge upon, how many will give up theirs?

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Always carry, never tell.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I would be willing to bet that almost every person who has accidentally shot someone has either said or at least thought that at one time before they shot someone. How can an employer be 100% certain that you will be able to back up that statement? Now I am not picking on anyone here and I know you have the best intentions, very good training and try to follow all the safety rules but that statement is just bravado and with that attitude I sure would not want you carrying while working for me.

This is not to say in the least that I want to ban guns from the workplace but rather there are lots of people killed every year by "unloaded" guns and people killed by drivers who have been driving for years and never had an accident or traffic ticket. When it comes to guns, or lots of other things, I don't trust anyone including myself but I do trust the odds and that means the need to carry usually outweighs the probability of an accident or negligent discharge. Like someone famous once said, if you haven't had an accident with a gun you just haven't been shooting long enough.
    Yeah, but if that's the case, can you trust me to carry anywhere? Am I stable enough to carry to the grocery store? What if someone pisses me off there? Should I carry in my car? What if I get all road ragey? Maybe I shouldn't carry to the bar (I can in Idaho) because some arse there might say something rude to me or try to pick a fight.

How am I any more likely to go to the break room, make a cup of tea, and say, hm, I think I'll just whip out this pistol and shoot that stupid cow in accounting?
    Ton up!

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Yeah, but if that's the case, can you trust me to carry anywhere? Am I stable enough to carry to the grocery store? What if someone pisses me off there? Should I carry in my car? What if I get all road ragey? Maybe I shouldn't carry to the bar (I can in Idaho) because some arse there might say something rude to me or try to pick a fight.

How am I any more likely to go to the break room, make a cup of tea, and say, hm, I think I'll just whip out this pistol and shoot that stupid cow in accounting?
    Good point and the answer is I am not sure. However I can not stop you from carrying in any of those other places but if I own the business I can ban you from carrying there. There is is big difference between trusting someone to carry safely and banning them from carrying. And since all of your comments involve intentional shootings I wonder if you have ever even considered the possibility of an unintentional shooting which is in all probability a more likely occurrence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12