Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property

This is a discussion on Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Why does Any politician want criminal safe zones? Any "Gun Free Zone" is an invitation to the criminal. no one ...

Why does Any politician want criminal safe zones?
    Any "Gun Free Zone" is an invitation to the criminal. no one will be shooting back.
    I would always want the teachers and and staff in my kids schools to be armed.
    How else can they protect the children in their charge from another Columbine??

Quote Originally Posted by ColorCountry View Post
    Why does Any politician want criminal safe zones?
    Any "Gun Free Zone" is an invitation to the criminal. no one will be shooting back.
    I would always want the teachers and and staff in my kids schools to be armed.
    How else can they protect the children in their charge from another Columbine??
    "Gun free zones" don't attract criminals anymore than gun allowed zones prevent crime.

I have no problem with teachers being allowed to carry to protect themselves, but before I'm going to rely on teachers to protect our children I want the school district to rid the schools of all the pedophiles first.

Guess I will be telling friends and family in Arizona to FIRE GOVERNOR JAN BREWER...
    Brewer vetoes bill allowing guns on public property

Without Fundamental Liberty, we have nothing...

The Unabridged Second Amendment Does Not State... "Shall Not Be Infringed..." Except...

IF...
    Your zip code is x, your standing or sitting at y or the type or class of weapon you desire to own/carry is z... OR if you desire to carry said weapon openly or concealed...

When are folks going to realize that you do not have less of a right to defend yourselves using equal or greater force than may be brought against you, just because you happen to be currently standing in a so-called "Gun Free Zone" ... which BTW more mass murders have occurred in these so-called gun-free-zones than anywhere else since the inception of so-called gun-free-zone legislation...

READ THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT by J. Neil Schulman:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

Say no to Gun Ban Romney...

Vote Freedom First, Vote Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    "Gun free zones" don't attract criminals anymore than gun allowed zones prevent crime.
    Which of course begs the question, "what purpose does the gun free zone serve?"

I do believe that school faculty is a 'pedophile free' faculty.
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

You are more likely to be killed in a mass murder in a so-called gun/weapon-free zone than anywhere else:
    Mass Murders & Gun Free Zones

Gun free zones are safety free zones:
    http://www.nraila.org/138264

Americans have experienced over and over again what a failure gun-free zones have been:
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...lege-campuses/

The Fallacy & Epic Failure of "Gun-Free Zones" By David B. Kopel:
    http://www.davekopel.com/2A/OpEds/Gun-Free-Zones.htm

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    Which of course begs the question, "what purpose does the gun free zone serve?"

I do believe that school faculty is a 'pedophile free' faculty.
    Having a "gun free zone" just for the purpose of having a gun free zone is irrational.

If my kids' schools were so unsafe for my children that arming teachers would make them safer, then I would want trained competent security in the school instead. I've got nothing against a teacher being armed for self protection. But I'm not giving over my child's safety to a rag tag team of self appointed sheriffs.

Perhaps a compromise would be to require that any teacher who wants to carry in the school needs to have attended, and continue to regularly attend, a firearms use and safety course. We don't let people play lifeguard without continual training in my state. I don't think we should let teachers play security guard without appropriate training either.

I would think that the good folks in your state should let her know that you are not pleased with her stance and will remember it next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian:303258
    Guess I will be telling friends and family in Arizona to FIRE GOVERNOR JAN BREWER...
    Brewer vetoes bill allowing guns on public property

Without Fundamental Liberty, we have nothing...

The Unabridged Second Amendment Does Not State... "Shall Not Be Infringed..." Except...

IF...
    Your zip code is x, your standing or sitting at y or the type or class of weapon you desire to own/carry is z... OR if you desire to carry said weapon openly or concealed...

When are folks going to realize that you do not have less of a right to defend yourselves using equal or greater force than may be brought against you, just because you happen to be currently standing in a so-called "Gun Free Zone" ... which BTW more mass murders have occurred in these so-called gun-free-zones than anywhere else since the inception of so-called gun-free-zone legislation...

READ THE UNABRIDGED SECOND AMENDMENT by J. Neil Schulman:
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

Say no to Gun Ban Romney...

Vote Freedom First, Vote Ron Paul 2012
    Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign WebsiteRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
    Actually you can download a whole book in PDF by Schulman, called Stopping Power, which includes that and lots of other good stuff.
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12