Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property

This is a discussion on Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Gov. Jan Brewer rebuffed gun-rights advocates by vetoing for a second time a bill to allow guns on public property, ...

Default Arizona Gov vetos bill that would allow guns on public property

Gov. Jan Brewer rebuffed gun-rights advocates by vetoing for a second time a bill to allow guns on public property, and sent a strong message that such a proposal would need wider support from police, cities and the public before she would sign it.
    Brewer vetoes bill allowing guns on public property

Corrupt POS!

Pretends she is pro-gun until it reaches her desk!

-Doc

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Someone got to her, this country is in deep trouble.

This goes along with her threat to put a toll I-15.
    This is the only road from Utah to Nevada and the part in Arizona is about 35 miles long.
    We here in Southern Utah are NOT pleased with Ms Brewer.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Remember, sometimes there are trailers in these bills. There may have been something totally unrelated in that bill that she didn't like. Don't know how it works in Arizona, but it happens quite often here where I am. Happens at the federal level as well. The Dems are real good at doing that so they can turn around the next day and say; "See, even Brewer didn't like it". Even though the veto had nothing to do with the signature part of the bill.

Again, not saying that's what happened here, just something to think about.

Edit: It does indeed appear that she caved in.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

"Prohibit guns in sensitive areas..."

Yeah, I don't like my gun rubbing up against, well, you know.

What's so sensitive about senior centers? Why are the worried in the sheriff's office, don't they all have guns to defend themselves? What a crock.

Here in the great state of SD, only K-12 schools and courthouses are off limits to guns by state law. Additionally, you cannot carry concealed into a bar. That's it. When I go to renew my permit at the sheriff's office, I'll be packing. Then I'll go the library and read a book, before heading to the senior center for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post

What's so sensitive about senior centers? Why are the worried in the sheriff's office, don't they all have guns to defend themselves? What a crock.

Here in the great state of SD, only K-12 schools and courthouses are off limits to guns by state law. Additionally, you cannot carry concealed into a bar. That's it. When I go to renew my permit at the sheriff's office, I'll be packing. Then I'll go the library and read a book, before heading to the senior center for lunch.

Here in the great state of New York you can carry concealed in a bar or other place serving alcohol.

And in most counties we don't have to renew our permits.

Why is SD so anti-gun?

Sounds like a b***h!

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post

Indeed, and even the banning of firearms in those places do absolutely NOTHING to protect anyone other than potential criminals willing to do harm to innocent people.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

From reading the comments on the published article attached, I would say that the left wing anti gunners are beginning to move into AZ. That happens to the nicer parts of the most rural areas when they realize how nice it is to live there, but then after a couple decades they're no long nice places to live because lefties have changed them. :(
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast