Chicago Gun Law Struck Down as Unconstitutional.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Chicago Gun Law Struck Down as Unconstitutional.

This is a discussion on Chicago Gun Law Struck Down as Unconstitutional. within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; 6/19/2012 A Federal Judge found Chicago's Gun Law Unconstitutional and Struck it D-O-W-N ! It was a Law that said, ...

Smile Chicago Gun Law Struck Down as Unconstitutional.

6/19/2012 A Federal Judge found Chicago's Gun Law Unconstitutional and Struck it D-O-W-N ! It was a Law that said, if you have ever been convicted of "ANY" crime involving a firearm you can never own a gun in Chicago. It is just one more Nail in the Coffin of Chicago's Draconian Gun Laws. The plaintiff had been convicted of possessing a firearm without a FOID Card. It was an arrest with no victim involved, other than the guy arrested, over zealous Police and Prosecutors were the problem. The Judge wrote a 30 page finding in the case. Here is the link...http://www.suntimes.com/13285781-761...itutional.html

Shoobee is offline Banned

That doesnt sound like such a bad law actually.

I am hoping this will keep guns out of Zimmerman's hands in Florida after the trial or plea deal there.

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

i don't see anything wrong with a law like that. doesn't chicago/illinois just plain forbid gun ownership all together? or was it just CCW? either way, work on something like that first. i'm not too worried about gun rights of former criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cox View Post
    6/19/2012 A Federal Judge found Chicago's Gun Law Unconstitutional and Struck it D-O-W-N ! It was a Law that said, if you have ever been convicted of a crime involving a firearm you can never own one in Chicago. It is just one more Nail in the Coffin of Chicago's Draconian Gun Laws.
    Link please. (Make sure the link is more than 15 characters )
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Shoobee, Hopefully you never serve on a Jury, the Guy will be Guilty in your opinion, before you hear the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    i don't see anything wrong with a law like that. doesn't chicago/illinois just plain forbid gun ownership all together? or was it just CCW? either way, work on something like that first. i'm not too worried about gun rights of former criminals.
    One should not talk about things, that one does not understand... makes one look silly!

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    You're not getting it...this is a gun law that bans possession for ALL gun related crimes. Not just violent crimes..all gun related crimes. In this case where the plaintiff filed suit, he was not in possession of a piece of paper that says he could be in possession of a firearm, so he was permanently denied his rights - it was a misdemeanor crime. If he was not a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, then denying his rights makes sense and is a good law.
    Kevin - NRA Life Member
    2nd Amendment = Freedom from Tyranny

This is why Gun Control Laws exist, people just read the headline and make decisions... without knowing the FACTS! I.E. Chicago Skunks.

if chicago want to clean up the crime they should mandate it's citizens carry guns
    like the town in georgia done and look at the results

a quick google link to a town that done just that and the results
    Gun Ownership Mandatory In Kennesaw, Georgia --- Crime Rate Plummets
    gun control is being able to hit your target

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
    That doesnt sound like such a bad law actually.

I am hoping this will keep guns out of Zimmerman's hands in Florida after the trial or plea deal there.
    I trust Zimmerman with a gun more than I do you.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast