UN Gun Trade Treaty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

UN Gun Trade Treaty

This is a discussion on UN Gun Trade Treaty within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; I would like to know if anyone has any info on this treaty thats going to be voted on in ...

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Default UN Gun Trade Treaty

I would like to know if anyone has any info on this treaty thats going to be voted on in the UN this month and how it might effect everyone of us?

gun control is being able to hit your target

While Obama and is henchmen support the treaty, it takes 2/3 (or perhaps 3/4th, not really sure off hand) of the Senate to ratify a treaty, I don't think that can happen even with all the muscle Obama will apply.

It could cause an armed insurrection. The SCOTUS certainly would not uphold a treaty that clearly violates the Constitution. (Or would it?)
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

never ever trust a treaty.........just ask the red man......
    gun control is being able to hit your target

I'm sure If Obama gets a second term he will use his "new flexibility" to try and use his executive power to try to ram it or something like it down the throats of America and I would not count on the SCOTUS to stop him. I do believe at that point the people will revolt.

jth

On the surface, they make it sound like a good thing, but when u think about it, any government would consider armed resistance to oppression a criminal act, so it essentially could disarm the population, based on a little paranoia.
    Add to that the fact that officials just recently allowed weapond to be sold illegally to drug cartels. Any chance it is just coincidence?

the__outlaw is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rayb View Post
    I'm sure If Obama gets a second term he will use his "new flexibility" to try and use his executive power to try to ram it or something like it down the throats of America and I would not count on the SCOTUS to stop him. I do believe at that point the people will revolt.
    No one is going to revolt. We are weak. Our education system, sense of pride, and willingness to do anything as men for ourselves anymore is gone. We need to suckle at the teet of government because it is now our station in life. Only way to go on is to join them unfortunately.

S&W645 is offline NRA Life Member

Sad story. Time to convene a people's court and hold those who support this treasonous attack on the US Constitution responsible.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified RSO
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider is chaos to the fly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast