across state lines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

across state lines

This is a discussion on across state lines within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Is there any pending laws on the National Level for carrying a loaded gun with you when you travel? I ...

Default across state lines

Is there any pending laws on the National Level for carrying a loaded gun with you when you travel? I know some state have reciprocal laws but it would be nice to be able to carry in any state that allows carry for their residents.
    In a 24 hour road trip crossing about a dozen state boundaries is possible and getting out and stowing you gun or retrieving it at each border is ludicrous. A national law would simplify our travels and make our trips safer.
    Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    My "thick head" is an effective shield against your "big mouth".

CathyInBlue is offline Tool Maker

If the manner of carry is legal, vis-a-vis reciprocity agreements/law, in state A and adjacent state B, then you can already travel from state A to state B while carrying thusly.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State

That should be enough to get you started.

Be advised certain members of this forum have been know to pull wildly inaccurate information vis-a-vis gun laws out of their nether regions, you would be much better off doing your own research
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

there have been at least two bills introduced in the past year or so...that were trying to get a national carry law that works like drivers licenses...in that, the state where you live is where you get your license, and that license would then be good in any U.S. state, just like your drivers license.....

HOWEVER, they haven't been successful YET.... but we can hope.....

There were/are some online petitions supporting these efforts that were around in just the last few months.... if you look for them (Google) as 'national ccw laws' you might just find something on them.

The following link will get you started on the current efforts for national ccw reciprocity:

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill Passes House

I keep hoping...

Happy Shootin'

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Great info, always do your research, BUT the ways the various states laws are written it's really hard to obtain a the answer you trying to find. -ie- can a person with a concealed carry permit in VA travel through WVA to Ohio in there car? When I tried to look this up all they talked about is a non-concealed carry permit traveling in a car, WTF. all I want to do is stay out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Firearm Owners Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry

Concealed Carry Permit Information By State

That should be enough to get you started.

Be advised certain members of this forum have been know to pull wildly inaccurate information vis-a-vis gun laws out of their nether regions, you would be much better off doing your own research

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    Great info, always do your research, BUT the ways the various states laws are written it's really hard to obtain a the answer you trying to find. -ie- can a person with a concealed carry permit in VA travel through WVA to Ohio in there car? When I tried to look this up all they talked about is a non-concealed carry permit traveling in a car, WTF. all I want to do is stay out of trouble.
    Look on the concealed carry map (my second link) if VA, WVA and Ohio all reciprocate you carry as a permit holder. If not you fall under the nonpermit holder regulations
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, do your own research as mmckee1952 stated, when I travel I carry copies of state carry law with me as well as check with the various states through which I am traveling. Very easy and most all of the states with CCW have friendly departments that are most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Ignorance of the law is no excuse, do your own research as mmckee1952 stated, when I travel I carry copies of state carry law with me as well as check with the various states through which I am traveling. Very easy and most all of the states with CCW have friendly departments that are most helpful.
    Since i am not licensed yet I considered this research. Many before me have taken the time to do the same thing i am doing right now and i am drawing from their knowledge. I will not take their word as Gospel but it gives me a good starting point to continue from.
    BTW i like the idea of having copies of other states info on hand while traveling, thanks.

Yehuda Alan is offline GUNNER613

Smile Gun owner rights, nationally and in nj

Here is the deal. The national carry laws are not going to work because the state that don't issue permits to their residents like NJ, NY City, MA, the really restrictive states are going to implement stricter laws about not letting out of staters carrying because it would be kind of ridiculous if the states own residents cannot carry but someone from out of state could? That's kind of crazy isn't it. First we have to get the states to Shall Issue to their own residents because the State are denying their citizens their Constitutional Rights. That is the line of attack that needs to be made. We need to attack this issue politically at the grass roots level. There are numerous cases in front of the NJ Supreme Court for instance but the attorney general is anti gun and the courts are political appointees so you can imaging there would be no justice there. We have to vote out the people who oppress and suppress our rights. Vote only for Constitutional Candidates. If you are not sure who to vote for, do some research. Don't believe what the politicians say, check thier voting records, ask around, as the NRA, see what they rate the candidate. Ask the candiate what they are doing to improve yours/ours gun owner rights. Don't focus on gun rights, because the guns have no rights, but the Gun Owners have rights and this is an infringement on individual liberty just like forcing our kids into public school that indoctrinate them at the very young ages into liberalism and atheism.

If you have a smart phone, search for app Legal Heat.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast