Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act....

This is a discussion on Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.... within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Offered today by Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg and Democratic Representative Carolyn McCarthy. It "aims [an interesting word choice - added] ...

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Default Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act....

Offered today by Democratic Senator Frank Lautenberg and Democratic Representative Carolyn McCarthy. It "aims [an interesting word choice - added] to restrict the ability of Americans to buy unlimited quantities of ammunition over the Internet, or by mail order, anonymously." It requires the following:

• anyone selling ammunition must be a licensed dealer.
    • ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers must present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.
    • licensed ammunition dealers must maintain records of the sale of ammunition.
    • licensed ammunition dealers must report the sale of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to an unlicensed person within any five consecutive business days.

Obama has publicly said that he believes in the Second Amendment, "But he also believes that we should take robust steps, within existing law, to ensure that guns don't fall in the hands of criminals or others who shouldn't have them." You can guess which belief is the stronger of the two. White House gives cool welcome to bill restricting online ammo sales | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

There is a saying that applies to the laws that come out of these situations: "hard cases make for bad law." Any laws developed right now will do nothing but infringe on our Second Amendment rights.

Folks, it is time once again to burn up the lines to Washington and pack the email inboxes to let our legislators know we expect them to vote this legislation down. We cannot let this legislation pass.

UPDATE - BILL NUMBERS HAVE NOW BEEN ASSIGNED: S. 3458/H.R.6241.
    "For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible… there is no comparison whatever between an armed man and a disarmed one…" Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

never understood how my online purchases are 'anonymous' if they have my credit card info... that being said, while i believe the democrats are the lesser of the two evils as far as society is concerned, should this ever pass (unlikely), it will come back to haunt them hard.

Time to upgrade to a better press so I can load ammo faster.

araczynski is offline NotASheep.Enabled = True;

Quote Originally Posted by bswartz15 View Post
    Time to upgrade to a better press so I can load ammo faster.
    before they make gun powder and private ownership of brass and lead illegal :)

anyone have the bill number? makes it difficult to contact my reps without that info

From what I understand, there currently is no such bill, but I wouldn't put it past them to amend an existing bill to sneak it through.

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

No such bill exists. NRA money bomb propaganda

Here those Dem's go again! Punishing the wrong lawful citizens and businesses trying to make a living!

It also says the WH played down any legislation as opposed to tightening back ground checks. WTF? Why not just have all psychologist, turn in list of patients names to the proper authority, local police, gun registration authorities, FFL holders. And ban anyone on that list from purchasing firearms or ammo. All this is doing is, punishing us lawful citizens and hindering any business that makes a living from firearms and accessory sales. It's bad enough our economy is ready to fall through and now you just made it even worse these businesses to survive.

White House gives cool welcome to bill restricting online ammo sales | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Obama has publicly said that he believes in the Second Amendment, "But he also believes that we should take robust steps, within existing law, to ensure that guns don't fall in the hands of criminals or others who shouldn't have them."
    Is that anything like the robust steps that Holder took to keep guns out of the hands of the Mexican drug cartels? How many existing laws where broken with that operation?
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cougar98332 View Post
    anyone have the bill number? makes it difficult to contact my reps without that info
    There isn't a bill number yet. These two are trying to build a head of steam ahead of actually submitting the legislation so that other legislators will think this is a grass roots movement that they don't dare to cross. It has to formally be introduced in the respective houses, the clerk will assign a number and have it printed in the Congressional Record by the Gov't Printing Office. At that time it will be considered to have been officially introduced. Once it has been officially introduced, it will be assigned to a specific committee.
    "For among other evils caused by being disarmed, it renders you contemptible… there is no comparison whatever between an armed man and a disarmed one…" Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast