Write your representatives - OFTEN
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gunnerbob
  • 1 Post By fuhr52

Write your representatives - OFTEN

This is a discussion on Write your representatives - OFTEN within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; It is great we have this forum, but speech without action is lik ethe sound of a wave at the ...

Post Write your representatives - OFTEN

It is great we have this forum, but speech without action is lik ethe sound of a wave at the beach. After a while you can't hear the waves, you have to enter the water to enjoy the full experience.

All o fus have a civil obligation to ensure that our government remains of, by and for the people. We do so by becoming involved, and that is as simple as writing your representatives.

Now you may say you don' tkno wwho your reps are... Well the NRA has made it EASY.

Simply go to this website:

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Write your reps and write them often. YOu'll be surprised that most will respond and you may even get an invitation to Washington to meet your representative. I did.

You can also use that same website to write your reps on ANY topic.

So get involved today, stay invovled tomorrow, and help ensure that the American way of life is preserved for our children.

Good post. I have written mine and they wrote back. I think one of the reasons they shoot from the hip or do what they feel sometimes is because the people aren't really telling them how to represent us.
    The miracle of Christ in me - Is the mystery that sets me free
    I'm nothing like I used to be - So open up your eyes you'll see

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin63 View Post
    It is great we have this forum, but speech without action is lik ethe sound of a wave at the beach. After a while you can't hear the waves, you have to enter the water to enjoy the full experience.

All o fus have a civil obligation to ensure that our government remains of, by and for the people. We do so by becoming involved, and that is as simple as writing your representatives.

Now you may say you don' tkno wwho your reps are... Well the NRA has made it EASY.

Simply go to this website:

NRA-ILA | Write Your Reps

Write your reps and write them often. YOu'll be surprised that most will respond and you may even get an invitation to Washington to meet your representative. I did.

You can also use that same website to write your reps on ANY topic.

So get involved today, stay invovled tomorrow, and help ensure that the American way of life is preserved for our children.
    Be careful, it may just be the Obama camp fooling you to the gas chambers.

~This is a joke... for now~
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Blog Entries

I am glad to see some one with the same mind set as myself. there is to much talk and no action. I love to talk about guns as much as the next guy, but for sake of our children and for the future of our generations to come we must unite and call, write or fax out senators. let them know were we stand! if we don't stand for what is right then the only guns we can talk about are the one that were taken from us just like Australia!
    SHEEPDOG

gunnerbob is offline ~Gun Junkie~

I write or email my reps almost weekly, I encourage people to do the same... most don't... they have an IPod to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

While I agree with others here to write often, I fear that in the end most of our representatives will tow their party line. If they seek re-election they need financial backing from their political party. If there is a party plank in support of your issue you may see results. If the plank isn't there, don't be surprised if nothing happens.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

My wife and I write our reps at least once a week it seems like, I think we are the start of their form letter replies. At least Dan Coats in Indiana seems to care. Luger is completely worthless.