Not this time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Not this time!

This is a discussion on Not this time! within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; I have never started much of anything of value so this is a feeble attempt. I have been sitting back ...

Default Not this time!

I have never started much of anything of value so this is a feeble attempt. I have been sitting back thinking things may be ok. Not anymore. I lived thru too much, read history about too much and I am drawing a line in the sand. How about this?
    We start a new slogan.
    The Left, the Marxists, the Neo-Nazis, the Brady bunch, and the left news media all want to have what they call sensible gun control laws. No! We all may have lived thru the Klinton Gun control era that lapsed some time ago. Now we stand firm.
    NOT THIS TIME, NOT THIS TIME, NOT THIS TIME.
    No regulations on our Second Amendment. It was not for deer hunting.
    No, a deer hunter does not need 30 round magazines. A citizen does to keep the Hired Help in check. Clint Eastwood said it best, as did Will Rogers.
    A right may not and shall not be regulated. Just as these clowns wish to infringe on our First Amendment RIGHTS – Religion, The Press. We will not stand for this. NO! Anyone with me?
    22 As for the king's orders, we will not follow them: we shall not swerve from our own religion either to right or to left.

I saved all the best stuff I see (cut and paste)

We should use only ONE argument and keep repeating it until everyone understands and ACCEPTS IT!
    And that argument is simply: NOT THIS TIME
    We own and carry guns because the United Sates Constitution, in the 2nd Amendment, says we have the right to do so.
    And any public and/or elected official that tries to stand in the way of that right is subject to legal action for not upholding their duty, meaning you are derelict in your duty…the oath you swore in which to protect and uphold the Constitution of The United States of America.

Okay. This is the Founders On Firearms document:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --- Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government --- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.
    --- Patrick Henry

When the government fears the people, it is liberty. When the people fear the government, it is tyranny.
    --- Thomas Paine

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed -- unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
    --- James Madison

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
    --- Samuel Adams

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and wording of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner.
    --- Report of the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, Second Session (February 1982)

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.
    --- Alexander Hamilton

When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually...I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor...
    --- George Mason, Virginia Constitution Convention, 1788

That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state.
    --- George Mason, Virginia Constitution Convention, 1788

What plan for the regulation of the militia may be pursued by the national government is impossible to be foreseen...Little more can reasonably be aimed at with the respect to the people at large than to have them properly armed and equipped.
    --- James Madison, Federalist No. 29.

The said Constitution [shall] be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience, or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.
    --- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts' U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788.

Militias, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms.
    --- Richard Henry Lee, Letters from The Federal Farmer, 1788.

Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    --- Federal Gazette, June 18, 1789.

A strong body makes a strong mind. As to the species of exercise I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks.
    --- Thomas Jefferson

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
    --- Richard Henry Lee, 1788

To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.
    --- George Mason

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
    --- Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?
    --- Patrick Henry

...arms...discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. ...Horrid mischief would ensue were (the law-abiding) deprived the use of them.
    --- Thomas Paine

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    --Thomas Jefferson

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists.
    --- Patrick Henry

When firearms go, all goes. We need them every hour.
    --- George Washington

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --- George Washington

To suppose arms in the hands of citizens, to be used at individual discretion, except in private self-defense, or by partial orders of towns, countries or districts of a state, is to demolish every constitution, and lay the laws prostrate, so that liberty can be enjoyed by no man; it is a dissolution of the government. The fundamental law of the militia is, that it be created, directed and commanded by the laws, and ever for the support of the laws.
    ---John Adams, A Defence of the Constitutions of the United States 475 (1787-1788)

The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, ... or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed...
    --- Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Major John Cartwright, June 5, 1824

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.
    --- James Madison

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    --- Thomas Paine

A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.
    --- James Madison

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
    --- James Madison

Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense?
    --- Patrick Henry

No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms.
    --- Thomas Jefferson

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.
    --- Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
    --- James Madison

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
    --- Richard Henry Lee
    "The Bible is the Book upon which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson, Seventh President of the United States

Great job Farmhood!!! Our founders were very great and wise men. Sad that this is not taught in our schools today.

I think our so-called leaders need to read this. Awesome Post!

Amen. Great post.

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Great job Farmhood!!! Our founders were very great and wise men. Sad that this is not taught in our schools today.
    Concerning things not taught in school today, have any of you seen some of the people on Leno's show when he talks to them on the street? One of the one's I remember is a guy who was shown a picture of Albert Eienstine and he said it was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, woof, what a piece of work. If the kid's in school today don't recieve a quality education in the near future -IE-go back to the basics, were in for a would of STUPID AH's, who can't keep their face's out of the I-pod's, cell phones and computer games.

~OtisM~ is offline Banned

Looks like someone figured out how to copy and paste from an email. Send your hard earned money to the NRA.

SR40c is offline Done told her once...

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    Concerning things not taught in school today, have any of you seen some of the people on Leno's show when he talks to them on the street? One of the one's I remember is a guy who was shown a picture of Albert Einstein and he said it was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence, woof, what a piece of work. If the kid's in school today don't recieve a quality education in the near future -IE-go back to the basics, we're in for a would of STUPID AH's, who can't keep their face's out of the I-pod's, cell phones and computer games.

You really shouldn't talk about OtisM like that.

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    I have never started much of anything of value so this is a feeble attempt. I have been sitting back thinking things may be ok. Not anymore. I lived thru too much, read history about too much and I am drawing a line in the sand. How about this?
    We start a new slogan.
    The Left, the Marxists, the Neo-Nazis, the Brady bunch, and the left news media all want to have what they call sensible gun control laws. No! We all may have lived thru the Klinton Gun control era that lapsed some time ago. Now we stand firm.
    NOT THIS TIME, NOT THIS TIME, NOT THIS TIME.
    No regulations on our Second Amendment. It was not for deer hunting.
    No, a deer hunter does not need 30 round magazines. A citizen does to keep the Hired Help in check. Clint Eastwood said it best, as did Will Rogers.
    A right may not and shall not be regulated. Just as these clowns wish to infringe on our First Amendment RIGHTS – Religion, The Press. We will not stand for this. NO! Anyone with me?
    Well I liked your idea so much, I hit Settings - Edit Signature - and added NOT THIS TIME to my Signature.
    Peace Out!
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

I saved all the best stuff I see (cut and paste)

Quote Originally Posted by ~OtisM~ View Post
    Looks like someone figured out how to copy and paste from an email. Send your hard earned money to the NRA.

Ya think!
    Da....maybe Ah...someone figured somin out here! Give your money to the PTA...XYZ....M O U S E
    "The Bible is the Book upon which this Republic rests." - Andrew Jackson, Seventh President of the United States

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast