Own a Gun? Prepare to become a Pariah.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Own a Gun? Prepare to become a Pariah.

This is a discussion on Own a Gun? Prepare to become a Pariah. within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Pariah: (one that is despised or rejected) Before I complete my rant, Let me share with you all something that ...

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Default Own a Gun? Prepare to become a Pariah.

Pariah: (one that is despised or rejected)

Before I complete my rant, Let me share with you all something that has stuck with me for many years.
    While attending the funeral of a sweet little 4 year old girl, the preacher realized that the he had to try and make sense of why she was taken.
    He said, When a sheep is lost or has wandered away from the flock, the Shepard would take a young lamb and carry it around his shoulders. The young lamb would cry out thus attracting the lost sheep back into the fold. That has always stuck with me, and perhaps it can apply in this recent tragedy. I am not saying that we a people have lost our way or anything like that. Nope, no sir, nadda.

Progressives quickly turned their attention to gun control in just hours following Friday’s tragic school shooting. The fax machines must have been buzzing within minutes after the initial crisis management meeting of the anti gun crowd. They had to be planning of how they can use this crisis to turn gun owners into the pariah’s that they think we all are. After all, they did it to smokers and Christians this should be easy pickins this time.

They will be wording their pundits statements carefully and craftily to include something like;

“While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance………..”

“Respect” is the first lie. They despise the Second Amendment.
    “Collective” is the buzz word that should make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. ( In the progressives world, We the People has been replaced by the collective.)
    “Reasonable balance” is their new mantra, and to a progressive liberal that means “my way or the highway”.

The new “reasonable balance” will now turn from "Assault weapons" (their term, not mine) to “military style” or “military type”, semi- automatic titles in their rants.
    Hunters don’t need military style semi- auto rifles.
    Military guns are meant to kill a lot of people.
    There is no civilian need for a Fifty Caliber gun, and the old stand by “Gun Show Loophole”.
    The gun show loophole is a New York term that allows the selling of a long gun between two individuals without a NIC check. They want any transaction of that type to be done through a FFL.

I even heard NY Democrat Jerroid Nadler compare this Incident in China where a guy slashed and stabbed 20 children as preferable to the guy with a gun. The point being that they will stop at nothing to “exploit” this horrid event.

So, get ready for an unrelenting assault to vilify the freedom to own any type of military type firearm.
    100% Long Gun Registration. A ban on 50 calibers, and a plan to turn in your semi-auto’s.
    After all they have proof somewhere that the majority of law abiding gun owners agree with their position.
    Are you part of that so called majority?

I personally have talked to gun owners that say stupid things like. Why should I care about a fifty cal!
    Because your 20 gauge falls into that caliber!
    I don’t own or plan to hunt with an AR. Yup and it was people like you that they are talking about.
    What is wrong with having a FFL on every transaction.
    Their ultimate goals are 100% handgun, rifle and long gun registration. Followed by a gun turn in.(No, I am not wearing a tinfoil hat, I threw it away after the election.)

Can’t you just picture the long lines of gangsta's patiently waiting to turn in their guns?

The “Hysteria” is just beginning and will be whipped up to a fever pitch by the media, so stand-by. We are about to be vilified and categorized into all kinds of new and unflattering titles, in the hope that as human's, we don't like being hated and called names. We will do anything to become part of the herd again.

Ps. The governor of Connecticut made a statement that “Evil” visited the school. I have to agree, after all, not only was is a "Gun Free" zone but it is also a God Free zone.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

mmckee1952 is offline Banned

great post, only wish the media could understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by mmckee1952 View Post
    great post, only wish the media could understand this.
    Oh, they understand it alright....no....on second thought, they really don't. They actually believe the garbage spewed by liberal politicians.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

The focus should not be guns, or gun laws. Connecticut has gun laws against people having access to firearms with mental illness. The problems is mental illness needs to be addressed in this country. Read this article.

Column: Dealing with guns and mental illness
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

It's the usual 'knee-jerk' and 'feel good' responses.... Remember, it's the feel good legislation which has actually ALLOWED or these types of incidents easier to become major losses of life.... We 'feel good' that we have gun free school zones, which by the way, was supposed to keep the gang bangers and other idiots from having guns on school grounds. That worked well, huh?

These are now 'soft targets'.

In Aurora, CO, the "feel good" legislation kept the off-duty police officer from bringing his weapon (and training to deal with this kind of situation) to the movie theater. This allowed the shooter 15+ minutes to carry out his killing spree, even giving him time to clear his jammed gun, reload numerous times, etc, etc. If the off duty cop was armed, do you think the situation might have been a little different? Would fewer have died? Maybe?...Probably?

The university shootings in recent years... again, had someone, even just one person nearby, been armed, would the results have been a little different? We send our kids away to college, thinking and hoping that the campus is safe, but the rules are usually posted, or should I say advertised at the entrances...no guns allowed.

Going back twenty+ years.... KW Cafeteria.... when the gunman came into the restaurant, a woman like most law abiding citizens, left her gun in the car because they were NOT ALLOWED IN THE RESTAURANT. You can watch her tesimony before Congress, where she explains how she watched as her parents were killed, while her own weapon was in the car. By the way, look at who's on the Committee....Yup...Chuckie Schumer....a NY City concealed permit holder..... and vocal anti-gun proponent.

So, while the feel good legislation was designed to keep guns off of school grounds, theaters, universities, etc, they don't allow law abiding citizens, teachers, administrators or security guards the right to protect themselves or to protect others (including the children this week). The laws certainly didn't keep the 'NON-law abiding citizens' from bringing them.

We should all feel good that our legislators have passed laws that will keep us safe, Right?
    Just remember that the police are just minutes away when seconds count!

To the liberals who are passing these laws, they think its comforting to the families of the dead as they spew more more rhetoric and pass legislation which will do nothing to actually protect them.....the piece of paper on which the law is printed can do nothing to prevent these events. Nor will the police who arrive minutes AFTER the damage is done.

They somehow believe that it's morally superior to load bodies into a van and talk about more gun laws, than to have an armed law abiding citizen who survived, explain to the police why they had to shoot the bad guy....possibly minimizing the loss of life.

Quote Originally Posted by RonM0710 View Post
    The focus should not be guns, or gun laws. Connecticut has gun laws against people having access to firearms with mental illness. The problems is mental illness needs to be addressed in this country. Read this article.

Column: Dealing with guns and mental illness
    We have addressed mental illness as a country. Once upon a time, people who were mentally ill were institutionalized. Yes, it was inhumane, extremely inhumane, but the public was safer.

So what do you do? Violate someone's civil rights by incarceration just because they COULD be a danger to themselves and others? Or do nothing....like we do now....and wait for them to walk into a school and blow away some kids. Or walk into a theater and blow away some adults.

Yeah, I know....it actually would be for the greater good. The ends justifies the means. Where have we heard that before?

Institutionalizing the insane is much like banning guns. Only a tiny percentage are actually dangerous. And you will never get all of them.

There is no easy answer to this. We will never go back to the concept of the "insane asylum". You cannot force someone to take pills to make them a zombie. You cannot determine who will be dangerous and who won't. You can't find even half of the people sick enough to do this.

The only solution that I can see is that we as a country, we as a people, and we as individuals, must acknowledge the fact that there are mentally ill people wandering our streets and there is pretty much nothing we can do about it other than arm and train ourselves and make our schools into fortresses. Yes, it sounds like an easy decision, but it really isn't. Being forced to carry weapons just because we are experiencing a mini-zombie apocalypse really doesn't sound like America to me. But it is what it is.

But doing this has a multiple benefit, protecting yourself from the insane also protects you from violent criminals and terrorist "sleepers". A win-win situation.

If you must violate the law to protect yourself and your family, so be it. Though the country now has a problem with the concept of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, that does not mean that it isn't your inalienable right. Just keep your piece well hidden.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

golocx4 is offline Got Beretta's?

Default I told you so

Is it me? Am I being defensive? Or was the intent of this story to cast dispersion on the Attendees of this Gun Show.

Connecticut School Shooting Doesn’t Deter Crowd At Gun Show In Montgomery County
    Connecticut School Shooting Doesn?t Deter Gun Enthusiasts At Gun Show « CBS Philly

Was the editor of this paper really saying "Just look at these insensitive bastards!" Or is it an objective look at the fact that the guns were not the real issue of the tragedy.
    The crowd was diverse, there were even families with children, but none of the shoppers admitted to even a moment’s pause about guns after Friday’s mass murder in Connecticut. Terrible, they agreed, but unrelated to the shooter’s access to guns.
    Why this goes against everything Diane Feinstein and the media have been breathlessly saying all weekend. They said the majority of Gun Owners agree with them.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

tricolordad is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

We are already pariahs...try talking guns or even hunting in public. People get "scared." Yet if you talk about samurai swords and the damage they are designed to do, people shrug it off.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Unabridged 2nd Amendment, Since it is the 2nd Amendment maybe we should take away free speech and religion first.

I would also like to know in almost every story about people with guns they, the media, spews forth the number of rounds the person had. What quantifiable value does this give? " The man had three handguns and 250 rounds of ammunition" Like I'm supposed to be set back by the amount of ammo the guy had? I would bet most on this site, excluding trolls and the occasional flybys, have a sufficient store of ammunition. It goes hand in hand with gun ownership. I would bet most carpenters have a huge amount of nails on hand. Gee, really?
    Oh and for the OP, really a Pariah? I feel as though I will be a Second Amendment Advocate and a loud vocal one at that. I took an oath to "Protect and defend the Constitution against enemies both foreign and domestic" WHICH means the you cannot and will not violate my Second Amendment Rights. Of course along with all the others either.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast