The one Not in the News

The one Not in the News

This is a discussion on The one Not in the News within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Not sure if this is the place to post this or not but found it and wanted to put it ...

Default The one Not in the News

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not but found it and wanted to put it out there for you all.

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.

Does anyone notice anything interesting about the way this was reported? SAN ANTONIO Gunfire broke out at a San Antonio movie theater late Sunday, leaving two people wounded and sending panicked moviegoers rushing for the exits and ducking for cover, according to CBS San Antonio affiliate KENS, which cites police and witnesses.
    Witnesses tell kens numerous shots were fired inside and outside the Santikos Mayan Palace 14 theater complex around 9:25 p.m., setting off the scramble to safety before police and EMS arrived. The complex was evacuated and sealed off for several hours.
    Bexar Xounty Sheriff's spokesman Louis Antu says the incident started when the man fired shots inside a nearby restaurant "and carried on into the theater." It's not clear what led to the shooting.
    Antu says the man headed toward the theater and shot a male in the lot. The age and condition of the victim wasn't immediately known, but Antu says his injuries did not appear life-threatening.
    The gunman entered the theater, Antu says, where he fired a shot but did not hit anyone. An off-duty sheriff's deputy working security then shot the gunman.
    At one point, the suspect also fired at a San Antonio Police Department patrol car, Antu said.
    "He was shooting at a marked unit," Antu said. "He knows he was shooting at an officer, so that's (an) automatic (charge of) attempted capital murder."
    The suspect was taken to a hospital but was not immediately charged.
    KENS says the shooting immediately sparked fears of a mass slaying like the one in July that killed 12 people and injured 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
    Cassandra Castillo waited anxiously outside the theater for her son, a projectionist at the theater.
    "It brings back memories of the other theater shooting, and the elementary school shooting," she told the station. "You only think the worst."
    Tara Grace, who was getting a drink from the concession stand when the shooting began, ran into the bathroom and locked herself in a stall with five other patrons to avoid the mayhem.
    "We thought we were going to die," KENS quotes her as saying.

I googled your story here. Does anyone notice anything funny about the way this was reported?
    NRA Life Member

bpmoffit is offline Rev.

Keep us informed as to the result of the officers award and what page in the back it was on.

Stories like these are never front page media news. In the NRA magazine towards the front there is a column called "Armed Citizen" which give topics like the above that go unnoticed. My brother was talking to me about this asking if that was still in the NRA magazine and I said it sure was and that's the first thing I read when it comes in the mail. I collected just a few articles that were out that week but not told by the major networks and sent them to him. This is just what I found THAT WEEK, here they are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ROp..._embedded#t=0s

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/dev...-shooting-in-s
    an-antonio

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html