How Do You Like This?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

How Do You Like This?

This is a discussion on How Do You Like This? within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; Indiana High Court Rules People Cannot Resist Illegal Entry by Police Into Homes | Fox News...

Default How Do You Like This?

How do you tell if it's a real officer ?
    Think about it.

After a thwarted home invasion my wife handled. The door gets opened for nobody. I speak to the person(s) at the door from a protected area, weapon drawn, and if no threat, weapon holstered and door opened.

If illegal entry was successful at my home, there would be a very intense assessment of danger, that would probably last milliseconds...maybe less.

The only thing going for me, is I don't give officers reason to illegally enter my home! ;-]

Blog Entries

we had a case here in Wa. about a month ago where the bg's dressed as cops, according to the news they were really good imposters. And shortly before that a bg impersonated a UPS delivery man, there making it so the anti gun people are going to have a really good case to take away our guns when someone panics when there's a knock on their door they aren't expecting & they shoot an innocent person.

UPS delivery men throw our packages on the front bricks, ring the doorbell, and run like hell, because they don't want to hear gripes about how damaged the packages are. I track every package online, until arrival from any carrier that posts up-to-date info.

Never had a cop at the door, but if one showed-up, I'd ask him his issued cellphone number, name, department, and call his number, his dep't., run his badge number, and then we'd have a meaningful discussion, about what he needed, with my weapon holstered, and door open.

Trust nobody. Unforced home invasions are on the rise, everywhere. You open the door, it may be the last time you do so.

I believe Massad Ayoob has some excellent home defense tactics on youtube, if memory serves, but I've slept since then.

Unfettered Might is offline Μολών λαβέ

One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

No, that's been corrected! After arguing the point for 8~9 months, the courts reversed that decision..

...to make the point I'll just insert the part that needs to be understood...coming from the Evansville Courier & Press:

"As amended and approved by the committee, Senate Bill 1 will expand the state's Castle Doctrine a law that gives homeowners the right to

defend their property against invasion to include situations involving police." This was in February of 2012.

The whole article can be found here: Indiana House panel approves bill authorizing resistance to illegal entry by police Evansville Courier & Press

I stand corrected. Thanks guys.

Default How Do You Like This?

I know this happens everyday in the U.S. but this week it was in Grand Rapids Mi. A couple where murdered in there home. 80 years old. The details are not out yet but some type of home invasion. This is not a abstract argument here. Don't know how they got in but be alert and well armed!

Quote Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
    The only thing going for me, is I don't give officers reason to illegally enter my home! ;-]
    Since when do the cops need a reason to enter your home illegally? I mean, isn't entering your home for no reason illegal in and of itself?

Not crackin' on you. I know what you were trying to say, you live your life as a LAC and don't give cops a reason to contact you. Exactly as I and the overwhelming majority of Americans do. Problem is, a "reason" is so loosely-defined now as to make the words "probable cause" meaningless anymore. The article in the OP quotes one of the Indiana State Supreme Court Justices as confirming that 4th Amendment protections are different now than some unspecified time before, when he said:

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said.
    "Modern" jurisprudence? Guess I shouldn't be surprised. There are people on this very site who believe that the passage of time or differing societal conditions that did not exist when the Bill of Rights was ratified, justifies testing those rights against the new conditions, as opposed to testing them against the actual Constitution, BoR, and the original intent of both.

It has literally gotten so bad that Minneapolis SWAT gave the whole crew that delivered a warrant to a wrong address awards for doing such a good job. The "good job" that they did? They didn't kill anybody when the home-owner of the wrong address opened fire on them! They returned fire, but missed, therefore, they were all rewarded! And their CoP said as much at the awards ceremony:

Certainly living as a LAC is the best plan any of us can implement as a way to avoid being unreasonably hassled by cops, but it's sure no guarantee. There are thousands of instances of these kinds of constitutional violations all over the country. Watch your six....

Blues
    I pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast