Senate votes 53-46 to prohibit signing UN ATT...
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrew49417
  • 1 Post By mongo61
  • 1 Post By JohnD13

Senate votes 53-46 to prohibit signing UN ATT...

This is a discussion on Senate votes 53-46 to prohibit signing UN ATT... within the Firearm Politics & 2nd Amendment Issues forums, part of the Main Category category; As you can see, the vote was basically across party lines. In the last batch of amendment votes to the ...

ezkl2230 is offline I am a FREEMAN!!!

Default Senate votes 53-46 to prohibit signing UN ATT...

As you can see, the vote was basically across party lines.

In the last batch of amendment votes to the budget, the Senate voted on several foreign policy proposals.

Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment that would prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in order to uphold the Second Amendment. His amendment passed on a 53-46 vote.

Republicans have been critical of President Obama’s decision to consider the treaty, although Obama has said he would not vote for anything that would violate the Second Amendment.

Read more:
    http://nation.foxnews.com/senate/201...#ixzz2OdnSicHa
    NEW Definition of Gun Control: The theory that 20 grade school children found dead in their classrooms, most shot multiple times while waiting for the police, is somehow morally superior to the principal explaining to police how the attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Blog Entries

Default Senate votes 53-46 to prohibit signing UN ATT...

The fact that it was so close scares the hell out of me. Do we have no Democrats with common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49417 View Post
    The fact that it was so close scares the hell out of me. Do we have no Democrats with common sense?
    Do you want an answer?

I am particularly annoyed by the fact that they tried to put this through as an ammendment to the budget. But I think the administration knows it wouldn't make it on its own merits. Or actually lack of merits. New York's senators, Schumer and Gillibrand, naturally voted in favor of it. They have both heard from me on the subject, and I'm sure I will recieve the usual "sportsman's friend" letter from Schumers office. Gillibrand's office doesn't reply.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    I am particularly annoyed by the fact that they tried to put this through as an ammendment to the budget. But I think the administration knows it wouldn't make it on its own merits. Or actually lack of merits. New York's senators, Schumer and Gillibrand, naturally voted in favor of it. They have both heard from me on the subject, and I'm sure I will recieve the usual "sportsman's friend" letter from Schumers office. Gillibrand's office doesn't reply.
    That's been my experience with those two yo-yos.
    "What's wrong with me? Nothing. You, on the other hand, have a bullet inside you..."
    Sterling Archer