What Type Of Fishing Do You Do?

View Poll Results: What Type Of Fishing Do You Do?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • I fish freshwater mostly.

64 77.11%
  • I fish saltwater mostly.

10 12.05%
  • I'd say I fish both equal amounts.

5 6.02%
  • Who said I fish?

4 4.82%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

What Type Of Fishing Do You Do?

This is a discussion on What Type Of Fishing Do You Do? within the Fishing forums, part of the Other category; I have pretty much been fishing saltwater lately...snook, redish, trout, tarpon (haven't caught one yet). How about you?...

Default What Type Of Fishing Do You Do?

I have pretty much been fishing saltwater lately...snook, redish, trout, tarpon (haven't caught one yet). How about you?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I also fish in saltwater.

I have never actually fresh water fished? Hmmmm, I might need to try that this fall

I mostly fresh water fish due to the fact that I live in michigan. I have gone deep sea fishing off the coast of florida and loved it. I would really love to be able to do more salt water fishing. it just seems that you can have a huge variety of types of fish along with so many sizes. looks like I need to make more friends in florida.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    I also fish in saltwater.

I have never actually fresh water fished? Hmmmm, I might need to try that this fall
    You've gotta have a pretty long line not to mention an extremely good method of casting to do any salt water fishing from NV. Isn't NV a state or two away from the ocean?

I remember doing some freshwater fishing at one of the urban fishing areas in Las Vegas the last time I was there. I caught a couple of catfish, a few trout and a duck. Of the three species, the duck gave me the best fight. Game warden had a good laugh watching me haul in the duck on a tiny little Shrek pole that I had purchased for my son.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

tattedupboy is offline Thank God I'm alive!

I fish exclusively in freshwater, mostly for bluegill, catfish, and salmon.

I know that marshmallows work well for catching salmon, but about a couple of years ago, my brother and I also discovered that foam earplugs also work. Does anyone else here use foam earplugs as salmon bait?

I started off fly fishing when I was 15 mainly for bluegill and then bass. I took a rod building class and made a 1 weight to fish for bluegill with. I loved it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I fish exclusively in freshwater, mostly for bluegill, catfish, and salmon.

I know that marshmallows work well for catching salmon, but about a couple of years ago, my brother and I also discovered that foam earplugs also work. Does anyone else here use foam earplugs as salmon bait?
    ear plugs huh? interesting.. I usually only use them when I am shooting or performing music on stage... even if they do work though, wouldn't the marshmallows be cheaper? maybe just the used earplugs? boy talk about a tasty treat for the fish.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Its all about the bass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    Its all about the bass for me.
    That's me also. I have a little place on Lake Greenwood plus a small pond at my house that I stocked with Bream and Bass. I don't fish like I use to but still love the water...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

After I figure out Walleyes I;ll probably work on S M Bass. Don't think I'll ever really figure out Walleye though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast