*'Stand Your Ground' Hearing Could Clear Zimmerman*
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

*'Stand Your Ground' Hearing Could Clear Zimmerman*

This is a discussion on *'Stand Your Ground' Hearing Could Clear Zimmerman* within the Florida Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; George Zimmerman, accused in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, could be cleared of a second-degree murder charge ...

The_Outlaw is offline ~The Dude Abides~
    The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Post *'Stand Your Ground' Hearing Could Clear Zimmerman*

George Zimmerman, accused in the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, could be cleared of a second-degree murder charge if a judge rules in his favor in a new "Stand Your Ground" hearing.
    Zimmerman's defense attorney Mark O'Mara announced on his website Thursday that there will be a "Stand Your Ground" hearing based on his client's claim he shot the unarmed teen in self-defense. A finding in Zimmerman's favor would end the criminal case against him, as well as immunizing him from civil action.
    "Now that the State has released the majority of their discovery, the defense asserts that there is clear support for a strong claim of self-defense. Consistent with this claim of self-defense, there will be a 'Stand Your Ground' hearing," said O'Mara in a statement.

'Stand Your Ground' hearing could potentially clear Zimmerman in Trayvon Martin shooting | Fox News
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Good deal, keep us posted.
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Hope he is cleared, I also expect to see a lot of racial riots if he is cleared.
    US Navy, Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel, Glock 19 G3, Taurus M65 357 mag, Walther PK 380

cgiven1 is offline DAV-Patriot

The rule of law aside, he isn't likely to be cleared simply for the fact that they fear the riots that will come. Just my opinion, but I'm thinking they don't want to face that, so they allow the trial to go forward even if it is likely he will be cleared. Once it goes to trial, Zimmerman will be facing civil suits so that he can still be sacrificed to those that are demanding their pound of flesh.
    Charlie Given
    Life Member NRA, GOA, TSRA
    Platinum Plus USCCA

glad to hear it i hope he is cleared as i think he should be if in fact his story is what happened and i think it is
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Thursday that there will be a "Stand Your Ground" hearing based on his client's claim he shot the unarmed teen in self defense.
    I'm pretty sure tm had arms...and he was using them to bash gz's head into the ground...

Hope GZ gets cleared and the media stops portraying that thug as a helpless child.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

i don't think the stand your ground should apply. he (zimmerman) continued to follow/stalk him even after he was told not to continue in that action. unless i am totally wrong about the law, i don't think you can pursue someone that is not "threatening " you and then use the statute as a defense. please correct me if i am wrong but i have always thought that stand your ground only means you are not required to retreat (by law) if you are threatened and fearful for your life. perhaps i should refresh my understanding of the law.
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by craigguinn View Post
    i don't think the stand your ground should apply. he (zimmerman) continued to follow/stalk him even after he was told not to continue in that action. unless i am totally wrong about the law, i don't think you can pursue someone that is not "threatening " you and then use the statute as a defense. please correct me if i am wrong but i have always thought that stand your ground only means you are not required to retreat (by law) if you are threatened and fearful for your life. perhaps i should refresh my understanding of the law.
    Do a little more homework. GZ did NOT continue to follow Martin. He got out of his car & tried to see where TM was heading; so he could reprt it to 911.

TM cut down between the town houses & back tracked. After GZ lost sight of Travon, GZ was retreating to his car just like the 911 operator told him to. It was TM that cut GZ's plath of retreat off and initiated the confrontation when GZ was returning to his car!

-

Blog Entries

i stand corrected.......thank you.
    Hillbilly proud.... you have a problem with that?

Quote Originally Posted by craigguinn View Post
    He was not following him. He stopped when he was told to. He was going the other way when that thug turned around and ran up to him. Then started to beat the crap out of him. All this guy was doing was protecting himself. That's why it took the police so long to file charges on him. They weren't going too, until all the africans started marching, yelling racism, and portraying him as a little tootsie roll sucking child.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast