Legal Knife Length?

Legal Knife Length?

This is a discussion on Legal Knife Length? within the Florida Discussion and Firearm News forums, part of the Firearms Discussion by State category; Does anyone know what the legal blade length of pocket knives in Florida is if any?...

Default Legal Knife Length?

Does anyone know what the legal blade length of pocket knives in Florida is if any?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I'll have to double check but I do not believe there is a length restriction. Florida issues a concealed weapons permit which allows you to carry knives, guns, OC (even larger then 2oz), ect. Along with my Kimber I carry a CRKT My Tighe assisted open pocket knife.

Here is the only restriction I can find:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...790/Sec225.HTM

790.225 Ballistic self-propelled knives; unlawful to manufacture, sell, or possess; forfeiture; penalty.--

(1) It is unlawful for any person to manufacture, display, sell, own, possess, or use a ballistic self-propelled knife which is a device that propels a knifelike blade as a projectile and which physically separates the blade from the device by means of a coil spring, elastic material, or compressed gas. A ballistic self-propelled knife is declared to be a dangerous or deadly weapon and a contraband item. It shall be subject to seizure and shall be disposed of as provided in s. 790.08(1) and (6).

(2) This section shall not apply to:

(a) Any device from which a knifelike blade opens, where such blade remains physically integrated with the device when open.

Also here is the link to the concealed weapons section:
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...0790/Sec06.HTM

Hope this helps.

Default knives

Florida Summary: A "common pocketknife" is OK. All "concealed weapons" (knives included) require a license. Max length: None apparent. Relevant laws: Chapter 790
    This is what i found on knives in florida.

Thanks! So I have my 4in Cold Steel Tanto blade. I haven't been carrying it because I wasn't sure. I'll wait until I get my CCW permit before I start carrying it again.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4