Winchester Silvertip ammo, do they still make it?

Winchester Silvertip ammo, do they still make it?

This is a discussion on Winchester Silvertip ammo, do they still make it? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I have been trying to find some Winchester Silvertip ammo in .40 S&W caliber, does anyone know where I can ...

Default Winchester Silvertip ammo, do they still make it?

I have been trying to find some Winchester Silvertip ammo in .40 S&W caliber, does anyone know where I can buy some, and if they still produce it? I collect different HP rounds I have the Rangers and I'm ordering some Black Talons, but I want some SilverTips as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
    I have been trying to find some Winchester Silvertip ammo in .40 S&W caliber, does anyone know where I can buy some, and if they still produce it? I collect different HP rounds I have the Rangers and I'm ordering some Black Talons, but I want some SilverTips as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    A coworker of mine purchased some 9mm Winchester Silvertip ammo about 2 years ago for her Glock 19 from a large sporting goods store here in Oregon. I don’t remember seeing the Silvertips in any other caliber that day though. That’s the last time I remember seeing the silvertip style around. Then again, I don’t buy or carry that kind of ammo so I really wouldn’t know how available it is anymore.

Sorry I don’t have much more info to offer you. Good luck in your search.

They still make it - now you finding it - Good Luck.
    good for collections, peerformance has not kept up with modern developments.

Just do a Google search and you can find it. Luckily 40 cal is still plentiful. Every gun shop including walmart has 40 cal. Here is the first hit on Google. Winchester Super-X Centerfire Pistol Ammunition X40SWSTHP, 40 S&W, Silvertip HP, 155 GR, 1205 fps, 5

Cabela's has it also.

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0058404216654a.shtml
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

haha, my uncle recently gave me a whole box of this stuff in .380 ACP. I wonder how much it would fetch?
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869 View Post
    ... good for collections, performance has not kept up with modern developments.
    What ammos would you suggest have better performance... and why do you feel that is the case?

I have reserve stores of the silvertip and have not purcahsed self defense carry ammo in a looong time! But, would be interested in your thoughts on what ammo is better and why. Thanks for the info! :)
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    What ammos would you suggest have better performance... and why do you feel that is the case?

I have reserve stores of the silvertip and have not purcahsed self defense carry ammo in a looong time! But, would be interested in your thoughts on what ammo is better and why. Thanks for the info! :)
    Better is a subjective term, but in my opinion the Winchester Ranger SXT's and the Winchester PDX-1'S are the best HP ammo cuurently available.

I just got some three months ago in 32 auto -- at a Atlanta gun store.