need explaination of map color

need explaination of map color

This is a discussion on need explaination of map color within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I'm looking @ the permit map and it shows Michigan in yellow. Does this mean that only residents of Michigan ...

Default need explaination of map color

I'm looking @ the permit map and it shows Michigan in yellow. Does this mean that only residents of Michigan can have conceal permits in Michigan? They do not honor other states permits?
    Thanks in advance.

The way I understand the map, you can only carry in MI if you're a resident of the state who permits you. For example, I am a TN resident with a TN permit. I can carry since MI has reciprocity. Some people, unfortunately, live in states where their 2A rights are denied. In the event they are somewhere that carrying is legal, they obtain a non-resident license from another state....FL is common. Hope this helps. I'm sure Luke will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Default I got it

Thanks Pascal,
    I understand what you're saying. Kind of "no second cousin permits allowed".:D

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Hope this helps. I'm sure Luke will correct me if I'm wrong.
    I am almost certain you are correct.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Yes, that is correct. I'm in IL so I have non-resident permits from other states. Some states do not offer reciprocity for non-res permits.

Ironic that I'm trusted to carry in over half the states, but not my own.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud