Small and Cheap Revolver - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Small and Cheap Revolver

This is a discussion on Small and Cheap Revolver within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; North American Arms makes some small, cheap 22 pistols in a small package. My wife has the little fold up ...

North American Arms makes some small, cheap 22 pistols in a small package. My wife has the little fold up model.

North American Arms

Quote Originally Posted by kn1080 View Post
    Hey Tim. My 9 and 7 year olds handle the Smith and wesson model 22 a-1 perfectly fine. Mackenzie, my 7 year old has a hand just big enough for it, it cost me about $230 and its accurate as you could ever believe. I think I hit a home run with that one personally. Great gun, great price. My kids also have their Henry mini-bolt 22s which, if I recall correctly, is what your kids have.

only thing about the model 22 a-1... its a semi-auto.
    Cool. My dad actually has something similar to that. I'm not sure what brand it is, but I know it isn't a S&W. I do know it was dead-on accurate when I shot it last year. I'll have to look at it a little closer next time I visit him.

I had been thinking a SA revolver for the intro to handgun mostly for the single shot effect, but I suppose I could just start out by only loading one round into the magazine of the semi auto.

The rifle I have for her is a pink Davey Cricket single shot (pictured in my album). She was so excited when I opened the box to show her. My 3YO boy was too, but I think he'll be learning on the natural wood Mossberg instead.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

JSDinTexas Guest

6 is a little young - I was 8 and came from a military family for my 1st 22 lr single shot

Well I have a Taurus model 617 which is a .357 and I love it. Taurus makes a solid gun and you can get a model 941 in .22 for under $350 new. A lot of people put these Taurus' down but, I love mine. It may not be as pretty as a S&W or Ruger but, a well made gun for the price. Taurus makes a bunch of models in .22 look around on there site. Good luck and be safe.

I like the Taurus 941 in 22 mag. It is a good gun and with its 4 inch barrel is very accurate. I think I got it for about $300 to $350 for it. It is a little big for my 6 year old but my 11 year old claims it for her's. Let us know what you settle on always looking for reports on 22's that are used for training.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12