Taurus's Customer Service - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Taurus's Customer Service

This is a discussion on Taurus's Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by wooddoctor Great minds think alike!! Had a 1911 ss With erratic discharge. When I examined the cases ...

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Great minds think alike!!

Had a 1911 ss With erratic discharge. When I examined the cases that did not fire it was obvious the pin was making light primer strikes. I returned to gun shop for warranty….that were the fun begins…I thought all I had to is exchange for one that works. Waited a few months for repair….fired a few more rounds same thing… light primer strike. Return again waited a few months again. Fired a few round …same thing. At this point I wanted my money back….The store told me all they could do is to issue me credit in the store. I was pissed. Any way bought a Springfield Match SS 1911. After about 500 rounds the rear site elevation screw sheared during recoil. I had it for about 2 months… I called Springfield (the hell with going though the store)…spoke with the first person who answered the phone and described the situation…..no questions asked except for my mailing address. Within three days received the new screw and walaaa back in business. I am not tring to black ball Taurus I understand the union shop labor mentality and I would still consider owning one but ...maybe some of those union thugs were having as bad day.
    I've always suspected that Taurus has a systematic problem regarding their mainsprings that leads to light primer strikes. It is the one consistent complaint I hear about them. I've only had two rounds fail to fire due to a primer issue (outside of 22LR of course) but both were in a S&W 686 that I had put a light mainspring in. I went back to the factory spring and problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I have a PT-945 that I haven't been able to carry since the Carter administration because I lost one of a set of grip screws and no gun shop on planet earth seems to be able to get them in stock, or even order them, and Taurus customer service is non-existent as far as I can tell.

Sure Tauruses have lifetime warranties. No one would ever buy one otherwise, but a warranty is only as good as the company backing it.
    Have you considered having the frame re-drilled and tapped to use a screw you could get (or even doing it yourself)? I know it seems like butchery but would beat having a gun you like that you cannot use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    I'm not sure how to explane this we have two Taurus 709s and two 738s they work great no problems whatsoever with any of the guns, the 709s do have a long trigger pull, but we have learned to live with it, but after dealing with Taurus cust service concerning extra magazines, and the crappy service we got, has made me decide that if any of the Taurus's screw up they will be gone, I will not deal with Taurus cust service again
    I share your dislike of Taurus' "customer service." I bought a PT709 slim in early 2010. I got two magazines - no surprise. When I inquired about buying two more, the Company said it would cost nearly $40.00 for each magazine and nearly $5.00 shipping. I objected, in a letter to Taurus. a Week later, I found a message on my phone answering machine from someone identifying himself as "Mike" from Taurus. He said, "I guess you don't feel it's fair for us to make a profit." I wrote a letter to the Taurus president, suggesting that "Mike" perhaps should not be in a position to interface with customers. No response.
    The Taurus PT709 Slim?? It works great, with maybe one or two feed problems in more than 1500 rounds! I just wish Taurus' customer relations were as good!! If someone spots an aftermarket magazine for the PT709 Slim, let me know!!
    Jack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234