Taurus's Customer Service
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Taurus's Customer Service

This is a discussion on Taurus's Customer Service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I bought a Taurus PT-99 back around the first of March of this year. It is a stainless steel frame ...

boxers.forever is offline NRA Member

Default Taurus's Customer Service

I bought a Taurus PT-99 back around the first of March of this year. It is a stainless steel frame with the black rubber grips. The grips made the gun look cheep but from what I read about Taurus they sounded like a good gun. I like the gun a lot. Shortly after I bought the gun I ordered a set of Rose Wood grips from Taurus. Itís going on 14 weeks now since I ordered them. I call every couple of weeks to get a status of where they are and all I can get is they are on back order and donít know when they will be in. I will admit that the Taurus pistol I got is a nice gun but Taurusís customer service isnít worth a sh?? I even wrote to their President about there customer service dept. and didnít even get a response. Once they get your money for there product they donít seem to care about what happens next. If it is taken me this long to get a set of grips how long would it take to get a part for the gun that would keep it from working.

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boxers.forever View Post
    I bought a Taurus PT-99 back around the first of March of this year. It is a stainless steel frame with the black rubber grips. The grips made the gun look cheep but from what I read about Taurus they sounded like a good gun. I like the gun a lot. Shortly after I bought the gun I ordered a set of Rose Wood grips from Taurus. Itís going on 14 weeks now since I ordered them. I call every couple of weeks to get a status of where they are and all I can get is they are on back order and donít know when they will be in. I will admit that the Taurus pistol I got is a nice gun but Taurusís customer service isnít worth a sh?? I even wrote to their President about there customer service dept. and didnít even get a response. Once they get your money for there product they donít seem to care about what happens next. If it is taken me this long to get a set of grips how long would it take to get a part for the gun that would keep it from working.
    Friends don't let their friends buy a Taurus.

I have a couple of Taurus revolvers. I like the revolvers and they shoot well.

However, I've had to deal with their customer service once, and that was quite enough for me. New gun and was missing a "key" screw / spring for retention of the wheel. The guy acted like he was doing me a major "favor" ... and I told him, I could just return the thing to the dealer, get a refund, and get a S&W. I got what I needed from a gunsmith.

Then I ordered grips , etc. from them.... they came and had the wrong screws with them (took a longer screw). The 4th time someone discussion and mailing of a screw, I finally got a guy who knew what he was talking about and sent me the correct screw.

I've got a Taurus 709 slim that has so far (about 150+ rounds of HP) been great.
    I hope if I ever need factory service / repair I get "acceptable" treatment / turn around.

bigrebnc1861 is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    And why not? Everybody has differant ideas on the perfect gun what would yours be? Mine is the Hi Point.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    I have 2 Taurus handguns that i have owned since the mid-80's. Both have reliably fired thousands of rounds.

The first one i bought was a model 92, (9mm 15+1) and the second was a model 66 (.357 4" barrel). The model 92 is a Beretta clone, and the model 66 is a Smith clone. (I also have a 30 rd clip for the model 92 )

I had a problem with the trigger return on the model 66 right out of teh box. I returned it to Taurus, and had it back, functioning perfectly, in about 10 days.

All Taurus firearms have lifetime waranty.

YMMV

hopnpop is offline sheepdog

Alright, I know better than to expect Taurus to have something returned to me in 10 days, but from my experience and that of a friend's, their customer service isn't that bad. 8 or 9 years ago I sold a friend my 1st generation PT140 and not too long after the purchase, the frame cracked. He shipped it to Taurus and he got it back in 4 months or just shy of 4 months, like new. 4 months seemed like a long time to me but it'd be worth it.

Recently my wife got a new 709 "slim". One of the two mags that came with it kept ejecting upon firing. I shipped it to Taurus and had a new one in my mailbox 2 weeks later. I think that was perfectly reasonable. So personally, I have no quams with their service.

...And the "friend don't let friends buy Taurus" is silly. I'll much sooner point my friends to Taurus before giving them the extra couple hundred dollars for a more "premium" firearm. It's been my observation that their guns are getting better and better in quality and time goes on. I still carry my PT140 "pro" sometimes and still enjoy shooting it. It's fired 3000+ rounds without a single hiccup from day 1 and it's even been droppped 3x now. It functions flawlessly - they only complaint is the trigger pull isn't as smooth as I'd ideally like it to be, and the trigger reset is a little long for my taste. But then, firing the 709 "slim" is wonderful... smooth, crisp trigger system, great recoil management... great shooter.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

I always carry my PT92 AFS S/S, and own many pistols from the Taurus line. The only one I ever had problems with was a 38 Super that was made during the mad rush to get guns in 2009. I have to say it was a horrible gun, but I have had issues with other pistols in my collection: S&W 22A, Beretta 92FS, etc... All and all I like the Taurus line of pistols and think they are under rated most of the time. As for the grips, I bought a PT99 from 1994 with the wood checkered grips on it, switched them out with the 92 and put a set of Hogue rubber grips on the 99 and sold it. The next time you want grips may I suggest this site: PT-92, PT-99, PT-100 and PT-101 : Hogue Inc., The Best Value In Handgun Grips, Rifle Stocks and Accessories - Bar None! I know there not Taurus factory grips but they sure look nice.

roger_roger_m is offline Redneck preacher

Default The judge

I am thinking of getting the Taurus Judge 3" Magnum. Anyone have one?

I have a PT-99, and I love it. I bought it used, and I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. Never a single issue. I had a Taurus revolver that malfunctioned - the cylinder wouldn't spin. I went through a dealer, but got my gun back within about two weeks. Try asking a dealer the best way to get in touch with them - there may be a support line that they don't advertise to the public, or something that might get you in another door. Hate to hear the horror story about them, though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast