Kahr service,comments?

Kahr service,comments?

This is a discussion on Kahr service,comments? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Justin Moon Kahr Arms 130 Goddard Memorial Dr. Worcester, MA 01603 Re: Service Dear Mr. Moon I am writing to ...

Default Kahr service,comments?

Justin Moon
    Kahr Arms
    130 Goddard Memorial Dr.
    Worcester, MA 01603

Re: Service

Dear Mr. Moon

I am writing to inform you of an event that took place and made this customer very unhappy with Kahr Arms.,

In mid May I sent the slide of my P9 into the Kahr shop for the installation of night sights. Wrapped around the slide was a letter explaining and instructing the service center not to return the slide without my knowledge and approval due to my current travel.

After two weeks I called to inquire the status of the work and was told it would be ready that week. I informed the service dept. I was in a remote area and had no cell service but could receive email. Upon completion of the work I was contacted by phone. I received the message a week later during a trip into town.

I returned the call and paid for the work and again told the service dept. not to ship the slide until I called and gave them the Ok. I followed this up with an email as well. I also specifically told them to contact me by email.

After another week I called to remind them and inform them I was still not home and to please hold the slide. I was then informed it was shipped. The slide is now sitting with Fed Ex. Since I am not home to receive and sign for it FedEx will only return it to Kahr.

I tried to find other ways to solve this problem but FedEx with not cooperate. I spoke to Sean and informed him of this and told him he had to request the package back from FedEx and only then could they send it to an address I can accept the slide.

I wrote Sean to find out what was happening yesterday and he told me the slide would be returned on June 8th

This has turned into a fine mess due to the failure of the service department to follow simple instructions. I am traveling and will not be in any one place for any period of time. Waiting until June 8th could be problematic. Why did he not request the slide back when I asked him to? There is no point in waiting.

I have made simple request and they have failed every time. What if this were a more important issue like the function of the firearm? Would they be listening then…

I was also told they could not hold the slide, if that was the case why was I not told that at that time?

I am most disappointed and will take this into consideration when I make my next purchase.

Thank You

Your first mistake was to send it in knowing that you wouldn't be there to receive it when they shipped it back. Knowing Kahr they have great turnaround on repairs and installations. A letter with instructions and phone calls are fine if you contact everyone in the chain of people that had their hands on the slide. All it takes is one person in that chain not to receive the instructions and it's on the way back. At least you should have waited until you knew you would be home to receive it back or have set up an alternate return address.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I was only supposed to be gone a few days , it turned into 7 weeks. I should have not paid for it when it was done, then they would have kept it.

I may be guilty of generalizing too much, but it has been my experience on this and other forums that ALL firearm manufacturers have their share of horror stories, as expressed by their respective firearm customers. If you do the math and think about the number of firearms sold, it would seem that no manufacturer has the number of service centers and tech service gunsmiths to keep up with the quantity of firearms being sold that may require some servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Your first mistake was to send it in knowing that you wouldn't be there to receive it when they shipped it back. Knowing Kahr they have great turnaround on repairs and installations. A letter with instructions and phone calls are fine if you contact everyone in the chain of people that had their hands on the slide. All it takes is one person in that chain not to receive the instructions and it's on the way back. At least you should have waited until you knew you would be home to receive it back or have set up an alternate return address.
    I totally agree with the above statement. If you sent your slide to a one or two man shop your request wouldn't be unreasonable. Sending a slide into a company with a note attached will not work as you have experianced. Your situation is not a good reason to second guess purchasing a Kahr in the future. It also is not Kahr's fault your couple day trip turned into a 7 week trip. This situtation is like blaming McDonalds because you spilled hot coffee on your lap ot that they made you fat too.
    Jason
    Michigan