Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

View Poll Results: Should we ban politics and/or religion from USA Carry?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it how it is. We can discuss in a reasonable manner.

91 85.05%
  • Ban just politics.

0 0%
  • Ban just religion.

7 6.54%
  • Ban them both.

9 8.41%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

This is a discussion on Should Politics and Religion Be Banned? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Lately, pretty much all heating threads have been mostly about Religion and then Politics would be next. Ultimately, this is ...

Default Should Politics and Religion Be Banned?

Lately, pretty much all heating threads have been mostly about Religion and then Politics would be next. Ultimately, this is a firearms related gun site although as of late it seems like its a forums for different Religious views. I don't want to have to ban them as I would think we could all hold normal conversations about them but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are other forums that ban these topics because I'm sure the admins just get tired of the repeated warnings they get sent from all the bickering and arguing. I understand everyone has their own views and this is a community, you should be able to talk about anything. So let me see what you guys think. Should we ban it or keep it?

I've also stated this in the rules:
    Religion and Politics– We have a Politics forum just for that, Politics. Since there are many different views on the subject, threads may get heated but keep all conversations within the site rules. Anything to do with religion should be kept within the Off-Topic forums and also stay within the site rules.

And just my opinion, but if you are coming to a firearm related website looking for the secrets to life's biggest questions, I think you may be on the wrong site. Remeber, its USA CARRY - OPEN AND CONCEALED CARRY INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

My thoughts are that if there are those that hate religion so much then knowing that this particular forum deals with religion they should just stay clear of it. If they do not then that is proof that they come here just to attack others beliefs. There is no requirement for them to participate on it or any other forum. Why should the majority be punished for the actions of two or three. IMHO.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I like this site, as is. It provides a whole host of forums for discussion. I understand that this was maybe not the original intent, but it works for me. People who want to stay strictly on hardware issues (e.g., guns, accessories, etc.) or concealed/open carry can do so without playing in the politics arena. I guess I don't see the problem.

As per religion, again, I don't see the problem. It often flows naturally into the discussion, given the...wait for it...Judeo-Christian heritage and tradition of this country. People who get too tightly wound one way or the other, need to chill. A Bible verse or two? Who cares? Don't read 'em if they bug you. Someone's an atheist? Doesn't bother me. About the only thing that gets my back up is being referred to as a neo-Nazi, Christian imbecile, etc. No need for it.

It's all about choices and freedom, IMO. You given us lots of choices, Luke, and the freedom to post (or not) on a variety of topics. I, for one, appreciate that.

My .02 cents.
    Prov. 27:3 - "Stone is heavy and sand a burden, but provocation by a fool is heavier than both"

theicemanmpls is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    My thoughts are that if there are those that hate religion so much then knowing that this particular forum deals with religion they should just stay clear of it. If they do not then that is proof that they come here just to attack others beliefs. There is no requirement for them to participate on it or any other forum. Why should the majority be punished for the actions of two or three. IMHO.
    The reason for this poll is simple.
    Religion and politics somehow get involved with a majority of the threads.
    This often creates problems.
    The resulting behavior is driving people away from the site.

We used to have a frequent contributer named Big Gay Al.
    Al was always contributing positively.

One day, the topic of homosexuality came up. The zealot Christian patriot committee came out with pitch forks and torches.

It became a terrible scene. This was a hate filled website.

We don't see Big Gay Al around here anymore, do we?

If I were gay, I wouldn't be here either. To much hate.

The postings of the zealot Christian patriot committee is usually the start of all trouble in here.

We don't see many minorities involved here.
    Perhaps because of the hatred toward Hispanics.
    It has been posted several times in here, that members travel to the border and shoot Latinos.
    One individual wanted to know what the best caliber was.

We don't need this kind of crap.

Many people are afraid to disagree with the zealot Christian patriot committee. They know a beat down will result.

Last night, two members of the zealot Christian patriot committee decided to go on a name calling and insult tirade. This is an adult site. In mature, rude behavior like that has no place here.

The zealot Christian committee can find sites of their own liking. Eliminate the hot buttons. A better site will result.

I suggest as a test, eliminate all religious and political postings for seven days.

Perhaps, everyone will discover how peaceful it can be here.

Religion and Politics has always been a powder keg on any forum. You have those that have an agenda who will try to sabotage a thread any way they can. Then those that agree with the topic will try to defend their post and it goes down hill from there! One idea if you decide not to change anything is to lock access to the forum to anyone that violates the rules. There are only a hand full of members that are causing the problems.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

festus is offline God Bless Our Troops!!!

Exclamation Stop attacking Christians

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    The reason for this poll is simple.
    Religion and politics somehow get involved with a majority of the threads.
    This often creates problems.
    The resulting behavior is driving people away from the site.

We used to have a frequent contributer named Big Gay Al.
    Al was always contributing positively.

One day, the topic of homosexuality came up. The zealot Christian patriot committee came out with pitch forks and torches.

It became a terrible scene. This was a hate filled website.

We don't see Big Gay Al around here anymore, do we?

If I were gay, I wouldn't be here either. To much hate.

The postings of the zealot Christian patriot committee is usually the start of all trouble in here.

We don't see many minorities involved here.
    Perhaps because of the hatred toward Hispanics.
    It has been posted several times in here, that members travel to the border and shoot Latinos.
    One individual wanted to know what the best caliber was.

We don't need this kind of crap.

Many people are afraid to disagree with the zealot Christian patriot committee. They know a beat down will result.

Last night, two members of the zealot Christian patriot committee decided to go on a name calling and insult tirade. This is an adult site. In mature, rude behavior like that has no place here.

The zealot Christian committee can find sites of their own liking. Eliminate the hot buttons. A better site will result.

I suggest as a test, eliminate all religious and political postings for seven days.

Perhaps, everyone will discover how peaceful it can be here.
    We all believe in the second amendment. But the first amendment is equally important. Your views border on Fascism. Stop attacking Christians. I do not openly attack you. I think you would ban churches and bibles if it were up to you. That my friend is not right. It is no different than those who want to ban firearms because they don't like them. You are treading on a slippery slope. Please try to be as patient with us as we are with you.
    Remember...Jesus Loves You...and I'm Praying for you!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Lately, pretty much all heating threads have been mostly about Religion and then Politics would be next. Ultimately, this is a firearms related gun site although as of late it seems like its a forums for different Religious views. I don't want to have to ban them as I would think we could all hold normal conversations about them but that doesn't seem to be the case. There are other forums that ban these topics because I'm sure the admins just get tired of the repeated warnings they get sent from all the bickering and arguing. I understand everyone has their own views and this is a community, you should be able to talk about anything. So let me see what you guys think. Should we ban it or keep it?

I've also stated this in the rules:
    Religion and Politics– We have a Politics forum just for that, Politics. Since there are many different views on the subject, threads may get heated but keep all conversations within the site rules. Anything to do with religion should be kept within the Off-Topic forums and also stay within the site rules.

And just my opinion, but if you are coming to a firearm related website looking for the secrets to life's biggest questions, I think you may be on the wrong site. Remeber, its USA CARRY - OPEN AND CONCEALED CARRY INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY!
    Yup. Get rid of them both-with the exception of discussions limited to legislation that is directly related to the 2nd Amendment.

Politics and religion have always been, and will continue, to be subjects that will be as close to automatic fight starters as you can find. There is no 'right or wrong' answers, only personal opinions and nobody will every admit their views are wrong. Add to it the lack of visual and auditory cues of a person's intended meaning that the printed word limits us to and you have a blow up waiting to happen.

I figure it this way. You will only find 2 people that agree on absolutely everything about those subjects in a case of where only 1 person is doing all the thinking and another is doing all the agreeing.

Oh, and 'the 1st Amendment gives me the right to speak about what I want' argument is a non-issue in this case. This is a privately owned forum, not a public street corner. If the owners decide to limit the allowed subject matter that is open for discussion, it is their right to do so. A traveling evangelical or missionary like a Jehovah's Witness or Mormon does not have the right to stand on your porch or in your front yard and preach to you through a closed door under the 1st Amendment. Likewise, if the owners of this forum decide that religion is a no-go topic, they have that right as well.

Geez, so this thread is already turning into a Christian and anti-Christian thread? I think this may be proving the whole point!

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

When I 1st found this site it was a breath of fresh air for me. Finally I found a site where one could be ones self. Let’s face it, the most oppressed & censored group in America today is the WASP. This site actually embraces WASP's & allows us to converse about a topic we love (guns) while also embracing our faith. There are dozens of other gun related forums where one can not even mention their beliefs. This one was different.
    I like this site so much I intend to support it in a tangible manner.

There are a handful that feel that if religion is even mentioned in passing they are compelled to jump on the thread & create a stir.

WHO SAYS we as a forum MUST support pluralism, multiculturalism, etcl? WHY must we lower ourselves to the lowest common denominator? WHO is it that will be pleased by such a move? The 3-5 NON supporters of this website???
    Take a stand & embrace the Judao Christian beliefs as an official stance for this forum!
    If you are offended by such talk, well there are other forums out there aren’t they? I am sure Iceman would be happy to spread the word & the 2-3 folks he takes with him shant be missed.

God guts & guns built this country, let’s celebrate all three. You get rid of politics & religion & you become just another gun forum.

Obviously Luke this is your site to do with as you please. Let your conscience decide.

Just my .02

I know this may be a headach to you Luke but try to keep things the way they are. This is one of the reasons that I come here is to hear the different opinions of others. Not only do I want to hear what they think but most importantly, why. Maybe I'm just a poor old dumb southern boy but there are some things people believe that I just can't understand. When opinions are expressed that differ from mine and backed up by reason it gives me a new perspective and understanding of why they may feel this way. So with a little understanding of others maybe a little civility will follow.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast