CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 11
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

This is a discussion on CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked Why? What is the rationale for this? I have the same question, just curious. Thanks, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Why? What is the rationale for this?
    I have the same question, just curious.

Thanks,
    Capo
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    The same reason I do in Arizona. We have BOTH concealed, as well as open carry. Now, thanks to our common sense Governor Jan Brewer, we can do both without a permit as it should be. It makes zero sense to have open carry without a permit, then require one if you cover it with a T shirt. This whole thing is starting to reek of a typical trigger happy cop story. Bill T.
    Also Vermont and Alaska.

wolfhunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFANDTHEA View Post
    In NV once you have your CCW you can not open carry.
    This logic implies that a licensed driver can no longer ride a bicycle. Please provide a statutory reference.

Thanks Wolfhunter, I was wondering myself.

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

LVMPD Costco shooting "911 dispatch and responding officers" recordings have been released through Radio Reference. com. I heard bits and pieces on channel 8 CBS news but have not been able to locate them on the web site. here's the link
    RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
    The I team from CBS news also reported on the Costco shooting today also, here's the link;
    Police Radio Recordings Reveal Chaos of Costco Shooting - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    then fast forward to 5:47 minutes into recording to listen to Costco initial report, about 16 minutes long.
    Last edited by danfordman; 08-02-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add start time

I hope Scott’s family files a wrongful death lawsuit against Costco and the LVPD.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

I find it interesting the incident was characterized as a "413" right from the outset. If we have one "fact" at this point, it would be that the deceased was not very good at the "concealed" part of concealed carry.

For whatever reason.

Last edited by danfordman; 08-03-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: LEFT column lists update links

If I'm "Metro", and there is a video, which there obviously is, and it shows officers were just in this shooting, I would have it broadcast over every media and Internet outlet known to man, with the Chief Of Police personally giving the play by play. It would be stupid not to with all of this negative controversy brewing.The victims family attorney on local TV, billboards asking "Where are the tapes?". The longer they, (the cops), drag this thing out and hide under their desks, the worse they look. Both in and out of court. Something stinks, that's for certain. If police have direct evidence that justifies their behaviour, you can bet they'd have it out in 5 minutes. They don't. Bill T.
    I don't need my AR-15 "Assault Rifle", any more than Rosa Parks needed to sit in the front of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by billt View Post
    If I'm "Metro", and there is a video, which there obviously is, and it shows officers were just in this shooting, I would have it broadcast over every media and Internet outlet known to man, with the Chief Of Police personally giving the play by play. It would be stupid not to with all of this negative controversy brewing.The victims family attorney on local TV, billboards asking "Where are the tapes?". The longer they, (the cops), drag this thing out and hide under their desks, the worse they look. Both in and out of court. Something stinks, that's for certain. If police have direct evidence that justifies their behaviour, you can bet they'd have it out in 5 minutes. They don't. Bill T.
    I agree Bill. The police were so quick to shoot and take a mans life but unable or unwilling to providing the evidence that this was indeed the case. The police dispatcher told the units responding that the male was possibly high on 446. This set the stage and they ordered the store to be evacuated and responded as if a crack head was shooting up the place with an AK-47. This guy didn't stand a snowballs chance in hell. My guess from here on out is that the police will announce the video was not useful or did not capture the confrontation or some other BS and the 911 tapes will never be released to the public. I hope I am wrong and the family gets closure and the guilty cops get charged with murder. Bottom line here is that cops do make mistakes and usually when they do people get killed with the excuse that they feared for their life. The LVPD needs to get on the ball. They have tarnished their reputation. The investigation needs to be conducted by an outside agency and the sooner the better.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast