CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? - Page 3
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

This is a discussion on CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by BigSlick "I feel sorry for the guy, but he just made a dumb move," the 72-year-old man ...

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    "I feel sorry for the guy, but he just made a dumb move," the 72-year-old man said.
    Sounds like a Darwin award nomination to me. Like one of these biker fellers here that say they would have tried the quick-draw McGraw thing on the Leo that might have shot them for riding high-speed wheelies in traffic.

Funny how the video is not been located yet, almost a week after the incident. Still sounding fishy, could be a Darwin Award or a cover up at this point. Just following along to find out results of the video. I am very interested to see which witness statements are actually true.

Won't be the first time video gets lost when an LEO screws up!

-Doc

This is a direct result of the militarization of the police. A 30 year retired LEO explained it to me this way: Police are being traing in law enforcement rather than police work. In Police Work, you see someone with their feet up on a bench, you tell them to put their feet down. In Law enforcement, you walk up, write them a citation. End results to the community, person puts his feet down. In Police Work, the situation has just ended, in Law Enforcement, it has just begun, now there is a trial, court costs, lost productivity, bad feelings towards police, fines, jail time, etc, etc.

Now, the police are being trained to take control of the situation by immediately dominating and controlling the "suspect" and environment. This is very escalating behavior (and the reason many people think that LEOs are A-holes). I am seeing more and more of this on youtube. Police pulling guns on people who are clearly non-violent. I saw a video of a LEO shooting an unarmed man on a motorcycle for no visible reason.

I was not there for this shooting, nor have I seen the video. BUT I will guarantee the police approached the victim in a very agressive manner, with guns drawn, yelling at him the entire time. How would it have turned out had one of them drawn his weapon and stayed out of the victim's line of sight, while the other approached calmly and said "excuse me, please keep your hands in sight. Are you carrying a gun?" Police covered, no escalation of violence, everyone goes home that evening. Yes, this will not always be an option, and won't always work. But I have been on the receiving end of both of these approaches, I know which one my adrenalin hit and I was motivated more by fight or flight than reason.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

The brutally murdered a soldier. They need to be killed, immediately. Lets hurry up and get the trial over so we can get to the part where people get to enjoy watching them die.

From what im gathering here is that the police have the survelliance video but are not releasing it. Heres the latest news update:

http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12808962

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    From what im gathering here is that the police have the survelliance video but are not releasing it. Heres the latest news update:

Eyewitnesses May be Unreliable in Costco Shooting - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    Not surprised by this. If the video backed up the reports the police claimed it would have been playing on CNN for the last several days. Very fishy.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    ...Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your sins; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    This is a direct result of the militarization of the police.

Excellent point! I had not noticed because of the slow insidious nature of the change but once you brought it to light the truth of it became clear.
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Police are being training law enforcement rather than police work. In Police Work, you see someone with their feet up on a bench, you tell them to put their feet down. In Law enforcement, you walk up, write them a citation. End results to the community, person puts his feet down. In Police Work, the situation has just ended, in Law Enforcement, it has just begun, now there is a trial, court costs, lost productivity, bad feelings towards police, fines, jail time, etc, etc.
    True fact, My Grandfather's brother (granduncle) was the sheriff of San Diego from 1967 thru 1969 retired after 30 years and my Father was a LEO for eight years while he was attending college. Both will agree this is true. My uncle was a real cowboy, like John Wayne and prided himself on the non use of his firearm. Many people do not realize the difference, you explained it well.

Police report they still have not viewed video surveillance tape, but claim they have sent it for forensic examination because of a technical issue with Costco's recording equipment. Police have also refused to release the 911 tapes and do not plan on doing a corners inquest until September, I wonder if they think waiting two months will buy them time or think the public will gradually lose interest in this incident as time passes? I personally will be following this thru daily. I will continue to share any information I come across as well.
    This evenings news updates:
    Police Have Not Viewed Costco Surveillance Tapes - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

44WCF is offline SSgt.

I agree that something about this stinks. Police have been trained that they are the law in this State and only need a judge to validate their actions. This is usually done with the defendent being found guilty by reason of charges being brought against them and having to defend their innocence.

I fully agree that our "police" agencies are far too militarized. SWAT is the only example you need.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast