CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

This is a discussion on CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified????? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; A West Point grad was shopping at Costco when a customer noticed he was carry a concealed weapon and called ...

Default CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

A West Point grad was shopping at Costco when a customer noticed he was carry a concealed weapon and called police. Las Vegas Police shot and killed the man. The family of the CCW holder said he was complying with police commands. You be the judge. here's the link:
    Conflicting Accounts of Officer-Involved Shooting Emerge - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas

well... i will say that if your carrying a weapon you better act accordingly, defy that as you may. If you are confronted by POLICE with aggression (Guns Drawn), targeting you as a suspicious person with a weapon, and giving you verbal commands, YOU BETTER COMPLY... GAME OVER

Don't be an IDIOT!!! Don't put your hand on your weapon, don't reach in your pocket, don't go for your waist band... Your hands should go up in the air... you know, REACH FOR THE SKY PARTNER, then do exactly as police instruct you to, at this point in time the POLICE are in charge and the more they see you comply... the more the situation deescalates and tension starts to drop.

Every CCW person should be instructed this in training, i go over this because as a civilian CARRYING A WEAPON you may be mistaken for a suspect, you may be reported as a MAN CARRYING A GUN, you must be ready to be on the wrong side of the law while carrying a gun and know how to react until POLICE render you safe and sort out the details.

People do not walk around with signs or wear uniforms stating...GOOD GUY.... BAD GUY.

Isn't that when you are supposed to flash your CCW badge?

In all seriousness... I don't think we have nearly enough evidence to speculate whether or not the shooting was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Isn't that when you are supposed to flash your CCW badge?

In all seriousness... I don't think we have nearly enough evidence to speculate whether or not the shooting was justified.
    I agree. There needs to be more about what actually happened. Judging by the tone of the story, I got a bad feeling it was going to be one of those where the security tapes either "Got lost" or just weren't "working that day." I really hope I'm wrong, though.

My post stands on its own merit...

Justified or not, my post is sound advice, whether this poor guy's death is justified or bad shooting by police... he still could of did something wrong or questionable. I guarantee if he was approached by officers with guns drawn or not, he be alive today if his hands were in the air and/or he complied.

The police can be justified if he went for his waistband directing his hand on or near his weapon, even if his intent was to just show he's carrying, this can make the cops right and him wrong without the any intent to threaten the officers.

This type of training comes under classroom instructions on safety.

It makes no difference if you are justified if you are dead. Do everything you can to to protect yourself and go home alive to your family at the end of the day. If the police are in the wrong hire a good attorney later and take some of the cities money.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree, not enough to form a solid opinion...seems to me that the decedent's behavior may have been part of what prompted the calls to the police in the first place...would like to hear more on this part of the story.

I can't put a lot of credence in the witness statements that they fired prematurely, because unless you are the one with the gun in your hand trying to order someone to the ground who reaches into his waistband, it's very easy to say that the "suspect" wasn't given enough time.

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

The answer to the question "why were the cops there in the first place?" holds sway for me at this point. Although I do agree there may be some details needed to shed more light. I suspect the guy was a troublemaker and got alot more than he bargained for when he decided to do whatever it was he was doing that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    The answer to the question "why were the cops there in the first place?" holds sway for me at this point. Although I do agree there may be some details needed to shed more light. I suspect the guy was a troublemaker and got alot more than he bargained for when he decided to do whatever it was he was doing that day.
    I am watching every segment released on this incident. The Lead Investigators response in the public interview was " Oh Yeah, I know this is going to be brought up. Yes, he did have a firearm.", smirk on face and not very informative. The family, friends, and co-workers are speaking out more than the Police dept. and they are portraying a much different picture of the man shot and killed. Too soon to tell, not enough info, all we can do is follow the story for now.

+1 Gunsite!

He has it right, when the police weapons are trained on you your hands go in the air. Forget ego; go home to your family.

To soon to form a judgement on this but I hope that the dead guy provoked the police because if he in fact didnt where does that leave all of us??
    Never argue with an idiot. First they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience!

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast