Who else here has a Sig P238?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who else here has a Sig P238??

This is a discussion on Who else here has a Sig P238?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I just called sig and they are going send me a shipping label to send it in. I will keep ...

I just called sig and they are going send me a shipping label to send it in. I will keep everyone posted on what they do.

AngryP, I wish you the best of luck. The P238 is a very good pistola when it's working properly.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Thanks, I do love the pistol. I think its beautiful and I shoot very consistent with it. I just knew it was going to be trouble when the gun would not even fire the first round I tried and then jammed within the first 6 rounds through it. I do understand that as with anything there are going to be a few that have issues so I am not bashing on Sig or the P238. I also feel that Sig is going to make this right. They have issued a next day air shipping label and they are going to send it back to me 2nd day air so I am 110% happy with what they are doing thus far

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    I have been having jams and a couple cosmetic complaints about this gun since day one which is quite a disappointment seeing how it's a $600+ .380...anyone else have this gun and been told anything different?....
    My P238 was born on July 30, 2009. I have a significant blemish on the bottom left rear of the slide and the same blemish as your's on the bottom front of the slide about one-half inch from the muzzle. Also have the dent/chip on the rear lower right feed ramp of the barrel. And I've experienced just about every malfunction that's been reported on the Sig Forum. The light strike problem was fixed by upgrading to Wolff's 12# recoil and firing pin spring set. But a couple of days ago, I had 10 malfunctions in 100 rounds...FTFs/slide locked back with round in mag, FTEs, and slide failing to lock back on empty mag. So I'm calling Sig today to get the okay to send it back...again.

I bought this gun for summer carry during t-shirt and shorts weather. But there is no way I'd carry this gun in its present condition. It's absolutely unreliable. And I wouldn't feel right selling it either...even "as is".

Quote Originally Posted by Old Zebra View Post
    My P238 was born on July 30, 2009. I have a significant blemish on the bottom left rear of the slide and the same blemish as your's on the bottom front of the slide about one-half inch from the muzzle. Also have the dent/chip on the rear lower right feed ramp of the barrel. And I've experienced just about every malfunction that's been reported on the Sig Forum. The light strike problem was fixed by upgrading to Wolff's 12# recoil and firing pin spring set. But a couple of days ago, I had 10 malfunctions in 100 rounds...FTFs/slide locked back with round in mag, FTEs, and slide failing to lock back on empty mag. So I'm calling Sig today to get the okay to send it back...again.

I bought this gun for summer carry during t-shirt and shorts weather. But there is no way I'd carry this gun in its present condition. It's absolutely unreliable. And I wouldn't feel right selling it either...even "as is".
    There should be a lemon law for guns! lol. I also bought mine for carry when I am dressed down. Like you though I have absolutely ZERO confidence in this gun thus far. I hope yours and my situation with this gun pans out in our favor.

I may have a solution to your problem with the p238 and its issue with not feeding correctly. check the bottom right corner of the feed ramp. If you can see wear then the barrel might be hitting the clip on its way back to the starting position. Check youtube for a clearer picture and explanation.

I put another 175 rounds through mine yesterday, with a total of 1000 + since new not one problem!
    Love this little gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre50 View Post
    I may have a solution to your problem with the p238 and its issue with not feeding correctly. check the bottom right corner of the feed ramp. If you can see wear then the barrel might be hitting the clip on its way back to the starting position. Check youtube for a clearer picture and explanation.
    I have gotten rid of the gun but I called sig and told them about the ramp issue and I was told that it was NORMAL! They also told me the the wear I have pictured is normal also......

Pengiun, do you know what the date code was on the case for the gun? I spoke to them today asking for pre-sale info and mentioned all the trouble that is hit and miss on the net about his piece. They said that there was a magazine fix done a few months ago, and now there is a running change on changing the recoil spring. It sounded like the spring change was really recent.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpeachObama View Post
    Pengiun, do you know what the date code was on the case for the gun? I spoke to them today asking for pre-sale info and mentioned all the trouble that is hit and miss on the net about his piece. They said that there was a magazine fix done a few months ago, and now there is a running change on changing the recoil spring. It sounded like the spring change was really recent.
    I don't recall but it was a recent release to the first post I made. I think it is BS that they told me all this was normal (the wear, jamming, and ramp issue). A gun that costs as much as it did for what it is should not have issues like that. They had 1,000's of the same complaints I am sure from what I have read when I was researching. If they were more upfront about it and not lie to me I would be much more happier. Honestly it will be a LONG time if ever that I consider buying another sig. The whole deal left a bad taste in my mouth.

They were quick to give me a shipping label paid by them to send it in even though that once they sent it back it had EXACTLY the same issues. The gun was just as bad if not worse when I got it back.

BTW, BIG thumbs up on your screen name!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast