.44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

.44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame

This is a discussion on .44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Several guys start staying, "*****, one after the other after witnessing this. v=A7LcUmg4UtU&feature=player_embedded" target="_blank">YouTube - Stainless 44 magnum barrel failure ...

Default .44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame

Several guys start staying, "*****, one after the other after witnessing this. YouTube - Stainless 44 magnum barrel failure
    No one hurt.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve02C5 View Post
    Several guys start staying, "*****, one after the other after witnessing this. YouTube - Stainless 44 magnum barrel failure
    No one hurt.
    Check your link amigo, aint no video.

Steve

Cocked _and_Locked is offline Parts Maker

Just go to youtube and search stainless 44 - it's top of the list...

If it was my gun I'd be saying "Sonofa...!"

I don't know if the vid is fake or not, but that is not a Ruger Blackhawk, the pistol the guy is loading has a swing out cylinder...not a Blackhawk.

Don't even know if it is a Ruger.

Steve

Definitely not a Blackhawk. He states it's double action which on top of the swing-out cylinder confirms that part at least.
    I wouldn't say it's fake without more info.
    If it was loaded with .44 specials, getting enough force transferred to the barrel to break it off would probably reduce the speed of the bullet and barrel coming off the frame quite a lot. Especially when you factor in the fact the gun is already moving backwards due to the kick. The momentum just enhances the force slowing down the launch of the barrel.

That looked scary. I'm glad the barrel didn't impale anyone.
    I like the slow-motion Ooooooooooooh at the end.

fake or not it was still funny to watch! haha thanks for the post. Thank god no one got hurt...
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    I don't know if the vid is fake or not, but that is not a Ruger Blackhawk, the pistol the guy is loading has a swing out cylinder...not a Blackhawk.

Don't even know if it is a Ruger.

Steve
    From what I can see it looks like a 5" S&W but it's really hard to tell. It could be a Taurus as a lot of them are identical to S&Ws. I would like to have seen a close-up of the gun afterwards. Did the barrel come off or did the frame break in half?

My uncle had a 6" Smith & Wesson M-629 try to do something similar to that. He fired it 6 times and noticed the barrel had jumped about 3 threads and was trying to come out of the frame. It was about 15 years ago when Smith had some real QC problems.

Default Apologies for screwing things up.

Thanks to all of you for the help fixing the youtube link and correcting the make of the pistol. I really went brain-dead on this one; however, I do not think it's a fake.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast