Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety?? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??

This is a discussion on Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Every post here is a wealth of information, but IMO the Ruger LCP, which has no manual safety, is a ...

Every post here is a wealth of information, but IMO the Ruger LCP, which has no manual safety, is a nice pocket pistol depending on your frame size and style of clothing you wear. I usually look at video sites and reviews on weight, reliability, production generation, bugs, etc. to find a nice fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bumnthsun View Post
    Every post here is a wealth of information, but IMO the Ruger LCP, which has no manual safety, is a nice pocket pistol depending on your frame size and style of clothing you wear. I usually look at video sites and reviews on weight, reliability, production generation, bugs, etc. to find a nice fit.
    I liked the LCP but only as a "special use" weapon. where absolute concealment is a must. I have been considering one for me just for this alone. Unfortunately for her the iron sights are non existent so a laser is essential. Also the LCP is hard on the hands when shooting. Not really what I would call a range gun. That being said, if she doesn't go to the range with it religiously and become proficient, she's liable to not hit target...or worse yet hit an innocent bystander.

We feel for her 1st carry she should get one that feels right, so going to the range does not become a chore. Concealment is secondary to the above criteria.

I think sig has a new 380 out with good reviews and has the safety you wanted, also the springfield micro in 9mm, that is a bueaty i want one for myself.

Default Sig P232

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    Actually she is considering a sig 232. Fortunately, the manual safety is no longer a requirement. Now she is looking for fit & feel. I don't worry too much about here using a .380 since 99% of the time she is with me & I carry a .40 or a .357. I'm just happy that should something happen she can defend herself or back me up.
    The quest continues....
    I liked the looks, size, and reputed reliability of the Sig P232 but when I handled it I found the grip too big for me. The very similar Walther PPK/S feels better in my hand, is an incredibly accurate gun, but that gun has a heck of a recoil! The PPK is definitely not something that I'd want to practice with regularly....

The P238 felt better--grip-wise--but at the time I wasn't comfortable enough around guns to get a SA type. Now, after 3 x 9mm compacts, I would be just fine with an SA gun...in fact, the Springfield EMP is looking pretty attractive these days :)

Best of luck in finding a gun that fits!

Go99 is offline XD45c

Default Pt709

Taurus PT709. same size as a .380 but it's a 9mm. Manual safety and cheaper ammo

I know it's not 32, but have you and her looked at the new Ruger LC9?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    I know it's not 32, but have you and her looked at the new Ruger LC9?
    Actually she is looking at the Ruger SR9c. She will be trying this out at the range next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    Actually she is looking at the Ruger SR9c. She will be trying this out at the range next trip.
    That is a outstanding firearm! My wife just picked that out as her first carry firearm. I got her a Bersa 380 and she hated it! So I sold it and let her pick the firearm this time.

Her only complant is that the slide is a little stiff(it's not fully broken in yet). But from what I have read once it's broken in it's not so bad.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

MADnMO is offline Jesus - Our Greatest HOPE

My SR9c is one of the most accurate firearms that I have. However I also own an LC9 that I carry to church and anywhere I go that I don't want to take the time to holster up. I just stick it in my pocket.

I am a big Ruger fan.

My Ruger family.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That is a outstanding firearm! My wife just picked that out as her first carry firearm. I got her a Bersa 380 and she hated it! So I sold it and let her pick the firearm this time.

Her only complant is that the slide is a little stiff(it's not fully broken in yet). But from what I have read once it's broken in it's not so bad.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456