Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??

This is a discussion on Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; My wife & I have been looking for her carry gun. She has decided on a .380 like a Ruger ...

Default Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??

My wife & I have been looking for her carry gun. She has decided on a .380 like a Ruger LCP or a S&W Bodyguard.

The S&W was her preferred choice because it had a manual safety, but I have been reading that the EAA frames have issues with the take down pin falling out & the gun falling apart. Unfortunately the LCP has no manual safety.

My question is what other guns of the same size and roughly same caliber .32 cal < have manual safety??

My Beretta .32 Tomcat has a manual safety but I haven't carried that one since I got my Ruger LCP...which is in my pocket right now.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

I have the LCP also. It has the Crimson Trace Laserguard. It is a very accurate little gun even up to 15 yds. Though it is for self defense range, 7-10 ft.
    It has a nice trigger pull but that pull is heavy enough that you would not pull it by accident and I think the safety is not necessary. Just don't pull it out of your pocket or holster by the trigger. Very easy to carry!

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I have the LCP also. It has the Crimson Trace Laserguard. It is a very accurate little gun even up to 15 yds. Though it is for self defense range, 7-10 ft.
    It has a nice trigger pull but that pull is heavy enough that you would not pull it by accident and I think the safety is not necessary. Just don't pull it out of your pocket or holster by the trigger. Very easy to carry!
    I have the Crimson Trace lasergrip on my Ruger LCP. I love it.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Default small carry pistol with a MANUAL safety

My friend has a beautiful Walther PPK/S that is .380 and has a manual safety. I shot this once and I think that the weight of the pistol makes it fairly easy to control the recoil for a newbie.

Similar guns that get a lot of air time in the forums:
    Sig P238 (single action only)
    CZ-83
    Beretta 84

Good luck!

dont all of them have manual safety's? They are usually located on the end of your hands, sometimes refered to as fingers...

YEs the figer is the ultimate safety, but guys you got to remember that some people like to have manual safeties, specially someone that is new to carrying.

SO a few good ones are:
    Sig p238 .380cal. (1911 style) EXPEN?SIVE
    Sig P239 9mm EXPENSIVE
    Ruger SR9c 9mm
    Cz75 RAMI 9mm
    Walther PK380 EXPENSIVE
    Khar PM9 (Massachusetts compliant model).
    EMP 9 9mm
    Walther PPK EXPENSIVE

maybe a revolver will be a better solution for your wife?? just an idea.

hope this helps.

Cost is really not the issue here. Since this would probably be the only gun she buys, I want to make sure she is comfortable & happy (happy wife, happy life).

A revolver would settle this as she is comfortable shooting my S&W 357 but since she is petite, the revolver cylinder would bulge too much. I want to make sure she will feel comfortable carrying, if not I'm sure she would wind up leaving it in her nightstand.

Bersa Thunder .380 has manual safety - My wife keeps hers in the car. I actually prefer to carry this over my Springfield XD subcompact. So easy to conceal and shoots like a dream. One of the best shooting pistols I have. Several hundred rounds through it never a FTF.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast