Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders?

This is a discussion on Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Many of the uninformed or politically-motivated people argue that ordinary citizens being armed leads to "gunplay", just like in the ...

Default Statistics or facts on gun crimes by CCW permit holders?

Many of the uninformed or politically-motivated people argue that ordinary citizens being armed leads to "gunplay", just like in the old west movies.

Are there any solid facts, figures or statistics available that spell out just how many firearm crimes have been committed by ordinary, responsible & trained citizens that have a CCW permit?

Off the top of my head, I know of NONE but I'd like to be able to cite a source for real data to some of these people.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePlainsVet View Post
    Many of the uninformed or politically-motivated people argue that ordinary citizens being armed leads to "gunplay", just like in the old west movies.

Are there any solid facts, figures or statistics available that spell out just how many firearm crimes have been committed by ordinary, responsible & trained citizens that have a CCW permit?

Off the top of my head, I know of NONE but I'd like to be able to cite a source for real data to some of these people.

Thanks!
    I'm looking for the same information.

One thing you can do is go to the web sites for the various state Attorney Generals. That will tell you how many licenses have been revoked. While that won't tell you specifically how many were revoked for having committed crimes You can bet your "bippy" that everyone who committed a crime was revoked. In my state of Kansas for example only 11 have been revoked and 5 suspended. I don't know the difference between being suspended and revoked but I do know there are reasons for both which do not necessarily mean they committed a crime.

In an article written by Robert H. Boatman called "The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun" he states that according to the FBI, states with "shall-issue" right-to-carry laws have a 26% lower total violent crime rate, a 20% lower homicide rate, a 39% lower robbery rate and a 22% lower aggravated assault rate than those states that do not allow their citizens to legally carry guns. See more at www.ironwordranch.com
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Molon labe!

Quote Originally Posted by sfdtuzolto View Post
    In an article written by Robert H. Boatman called "The Constitutional Right and Social Obligation to Carry a Gun" he states that according to the FBI, states with "shall-issue" right-to-carry laws have a 26% lower total violent crime rate, a 20% lower homicide rate, a 39% lower robbery rate and a 22% lower aggravated assault rate than those states that do not allow their citizens to legally carry guns. See more at www.ironwordranch.com
    kinda hard to argue with these kind of stats... yet... look at the states who still don't allow carrying.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Anti's will argue with anything. It doesn't need to make any since. They are right the rest of the US is wrong.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

^5 David your so right...............
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

I don't remember where I found it and I didn't post the web address,but look here in the forum in "Texas" and look at my post'good news about Texas chl holders' or something like that.It has stats for Texas.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I got printed today for my Florida CCW and the local (Winter Garden) officer actually said to me: "It's great that we get you 790 guys in here. Seems to be more of you every Sunday and that's just here in Winter Garden".

He then said something to the effect of wishing more people took responsibility for their lives and wished he could protect everyone 24/7 but, knew he couldn't. Then he walked me to my car and asked if I kept my gun in the glove box or the console (I didn't really answer) and told me not to worry about telling the W.G. LEOs about my CCW. They're all pro-armed citizen as far as he knew.

WOW!
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

I found a few things.

http://www.kc3.com/CCWSTATS.html

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/postsbyday/RTCResearch.html

http://legallyarmed.com/ccw_statistics.htm This one is a work in progress.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp A little outdated but a good read.

Now this is interesting. A Democrat forum discussing Crime statistics for concealed carry permit holders.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=118x155031
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP LOIS!!!!

Nearly 402 THOUSAND CCW holders in Florida!!! I can't believe we have crime here. I'm proud that so many FL people are avoiding becoming sheeple and practicing the 2A. AWSOME!
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast