To car safe or not to car safe that is the question? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To car safe or not to car safe that is the question?

This is a discussion on To car safe or not to car safe that is the question? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by pmb61 Was with someone this weekend who had the sentry auto safe and decided to pick one ...

Quote Originally Posted by pmb61 View Post
    Was with someone this weekend who had the sentry auto safe and decided to pick one up myself. Here is the link for the cheapest one I found:

Sentry Safe Auto Safe, Shooting Supplies, Sentry at Sportsman's Guide

Sentry web site says retail is $89 and cheapest on ebay is $44 +shipping

I was worried about the cable , but the person who had it was retired NYPD and said not likely that the person breaking in would have bolt cutters for the cable. Convinced me!
    Looks like a nice safe I may have to look into it. I just found the S&W quick draw safe it looks nice. But it would not work for what I'm looking for. Does anyone have a safe like it?

YouTube - Smith & Wesson QuickDraw Gun Safe

I just found that sentry auto safe on Amazon.com for 29.97 all said and done it would be 38 dollars shipped.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Daven is offline "Gimpy"

This is the one I am getting today, I will cable lock it in my trunk, that way, out of sight, safe (pardon the pun). I'll let you know (if you want) how it works out.

Generally, I won't go to a place that doesn't allow guns, but sometime's it's necessary.

Deluxe MiniVault with Motion Detector 12x8.1x4.9-3

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    This is the one I am getting today, I will cable lock it in my trunk, that way, out of sight, safe (pardon the pun). I'll let you know (if you want) how it works out.

Generally, I won't go to a place that doesn't allow guns, but sometime's it's necessary.

Deluxe MiniVault with Motion Detector 12x8.1x4.9-3
    yeah let me know. I looked at that one but the price and the size made me keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Got any photos of the inside? Do you think you can fit two small firearms in it(M&P40C and a Ruger SR9C)?
    I'll try and take some pics of mine tonight with a few of mine in it. By the make of firearm you describe, yes they both should fit with ease..

I have my M&P45 w/ the new Insight X2 compact light attached, 3 boxes of .45 ammo, 1 M&P45 magazine and I still have enough room to get my hand in and get the gun easily.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    I'll try and take some pics of mine tonight with a few of mine in it. By the make of firearm you describe, yes they both should fit with ease..

I have my M&P45 w/ the new Insight X2 compact light attached, 3 boxes of .45 ammo, 1 M&P45 magazine and I still have enough room to get my hand in and get the gun easily.
    And here they are..

Lots of room.. M&P45, M&P40c, 2 boxes of ammo, and 1 spare magazine...

It's normally just the M&P45, the ammo and 1 mag...

And here they are..

Lots of room.. M&P45, M&P40c, 2 boxes of ammo, and 1 spare magazine...

It's normally just the M&P45, the ammo and 1 mag...
    Outstanding! DROOLLLLLLL LOL. What about two firearms in holsters? From the room it looks like it would be no problem lol. Looks as if you could fit a mac10 in that thing and still have room.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Outstanding! DROOLLLLLLL LOL. What about two firearms in holsters? From the room it looks like it would be no problem lol. Looks as if you could fit a mac10 in that thing and still have room.
    Yea, You'd have enough room depending on the holster type.

Check your local Wal-Mart and see if they carry the Winchester version like the one pictured. It looks like they are made by the same manufacturer. Save the shipping cost. Tax free NH yea...

Good luck..

When I bought my current SUV (used) it came with a safe under the front passenger seat which functions as my "gun safe." If the SUV hadn't come with one I would have had one installed. I take my handgun and put it into the safe whenever I go to a doctor's appointment, go to a store where I will be trying on clothes and leaving my old ones in a changing booth, or picking up someone at an airport. Moreover, whenever I drive through states where I am not authorized to carry and can not get authorization (New York for instance) I follow the FOPA requirements, and the "gun safe" functions as the locked container into which I can place my unloaded firearm for lawful transportation in conformity with federal law. Remember, my SUV does not have a trunk so I need the safe. I would never get another vehicle without one.

Yea, You'd have enough room depending on the holster type.

Check your local Wal-Mart and see if they carry the Winchester version like the one pictured. It looks like they are made by the same manufacturer. Save the shipping cost. Tax free NH yea...

Good luck..
    They are sold out on line at WalMart.com. My local store has a unknown stock so I will have to call them tomorrow. Or hey maybe tonight seeing as how they are open 24/7 lol.

Okay, maybe I am just dense. If I have to dismantle to cross state lines I will do so, and put it in the trunk, separating the magazine from the gun, reluctantly I will. I cannot bear the thought of taking off my gun and locking it in a safe. I just can't do it. Seems totally counter intuitive to me.. where am I off base here? I am clearly out numbered.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast