How do you become an NRA instructor?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How do you become an NRA instructor?

This is a discussion on How do you become an NRA instructor? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I have talked to people who are instructors and they say it's easy to become a instructor. But just what ...

Question How do you become an NRA instructor?

I have talked to people who are instructors and they say it's easy to become a instructor. But just what does becoming a instructor entail? I read the basic information on the NRA website but it does not really cover much. In my area we have no NRA instructors(none that I can find that teach classes) you have to drive over a hour to take a NRA class. So I'm looking into taking and becoming a instructor for the basic classes(Pistol,Shotgun,Protection inside/outside the home, don't be a victim(online instructor cert). The gun range I'm joining does not have any instructors at it(none that teach classes) so I cant take classes there. What is needed to be a instructor? I read that all the training guides are sent to you by the NRA? Do you need to own massive amounts of firearms to become a instructor? Again I'm just looking to become a basic instructor(not some tactical expert firearm trainer). Any and all HELPFUL/USEFUL information would be much appreciated.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

Find an instructors classes and put the time in.
    The instruction is the method the NRA wants you to use in your classes.
    Also, you learn to teach each part of the course you will be teaching.
    You will have hands on and paper testing.
    Simple.
    Hope this helps
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by LGH View Post
    NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

Find an instructors classes and put the time in.
    The instruction is the method the NRA wants you to use in your classes.
    Also, you learn to teach each part of the course you will be teaching.
    You will have hands on and paper testing.
    Simple.
    Hope this helps
    All the information I already know lol. As for finding a instructors class to take to get my cert. That is easier said then done seeing as how again no instructors are listed for NH or VT. I may just say ******** it and just go up to Vermont Tactical like I was going to do and take the classes I want.

What LGH said.

The training guides are provided by the Training Counselor that offers the course and are covered by the cost of the course. The courses will be taught by a training counselor and you can find the courses by going to the links in LGH's post and searching for the Instructor Certifications you wish to hold.

The guns you need to teach vary according to which courses you wish to teach.

I see what you mean. There are no instructor courses listed for Vermont or New Hampshire. You might search around other states until you find the course you wish to take. After serving two years as an instructor, you can become a TC and train other instructors. Seeing the lack of TC's in your area, that might be a real boon for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitcreekok View Post
    What LGH said.

The training guides are provided by the Training Counselor that offers the course and are covered by the cost of the course. The courses will be taught by a training counselor and you can find the courses by going to the links in LGH's post and searching for the Instructor Certifications you wish to hold.

The guns you need to teach vary according to which courses you wish to teach.
    Again THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTORS teaching in NH or VT for the classes I wish to take.

Is this a standardized program to become an instructor?

I've seen course requirements from as extreme as "must be able to demonstrate competency with a handgun, 3" groups at 25 yards. All the way to the other side where there is no live fire at all..

Is there an NRA guideline on this course
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Again THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTORS teaching in NH or VT for the classes I wish to take.
    I think everyone gets that by now. You just might have to go somewhere else... Like maybe Maine, New York, Connecticut or Assachusetts. If it's that important it's worth traveling for.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Travel is sometimes needed. I have had to travel up to 3 hours for some of the courses.
    NRA CRSO and Instructor: Certified Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Certified Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim
    SABRE Civilian Safety Awareness Program Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    Is this a standardized program to become an instructor?

I've seen course requirements from as extreme as "must be able to demonstrate competency with a handgun, 3" groups at 25 yards. All the way to the other side where there is no live fire at all..

Is there an NRA guideline on this course
    That is kinda what I was getting at when making this thread but no one but you got it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast