Bad experience at local sporting goods store - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bad experience at local sporting goods store

This is a discussion on Bad experience at local sporting goods store within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by Ptrl383 How exactly do you lock a bolt open on an AK.....? You can with a modified ...

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrl383 View Post
    How exactly do you lock a bolt open on an AK.....?
    You can with a modified safety lever, one with a notch cut into the rear of it. Highly unlikely on a new weapon. I've only ever heard of it as an aftermarket modification.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I really am getting tired of the constant clip vs. magazine correction and think that from now on I am going to refer to either one as the "ammothingy". That way I can insult the intelligence of everyone and be corrected by all.
    LOL! There are a handful of people on these boards who rely on nitpicking, hair-splitting, and petty semantics in an effort to make a point.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

The people that work in sporting good stores are usually students and have no clue or interests in what the store is selling they are only there for the paycheck. Looking at it from their point of view no gun in the store is loaded with ammo so there is no need to check to see if it is loaded when they know it is not. Gun stores on the other hand know that the people coming in to shop usually have some experience with a gun and know the basic rules of handling a gun.

I really am getting tired of the constant clip vs. magazine correction and think that from now on I am going to refer to either one as the "ammothingy". That way I can insult the intelligence of everyone and be corrected by all.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

FN - Thank You SOOOO much..
    I've only known it as the Ammothingy.. You mean there are other names for it also???

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

santa is offline santa

safety first always

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I've noticed this is common place in most firearm retailers not just chains.

There are some gun shops here, locally owned guns & ammo no fishin' type of stores and their employees handle weapons the same way. I think their mentality is based on "weapons in the case are clear".

able

A few years ago, I was at a gun show in Raleigh. I was standing at a vendor's table and the person standing next to me picked up a .22 auto, cocked it and "dry fired" it. But there was a live round in the chamber. Fortunately he had it pointed downward at the display table and there were no injuries.

But it sure got a lot of peoples attention, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrl383 View Post
    How exactly do you lock a bolt open on an AK?
    I would be interested to know this as well. I have a total of 9 AK's, including 2, 1960 Polish milled receiver models, and none of them have this feature??? Bill T.
    I don't need my AR-15 "Assault Rifle", any more than Rosa Parks needed to sit in the front of the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    99.9 percent of the time, weather your talking to a (gun guy) or not the people your speaking with know exactly what your talking about, and personaly I couldn't give a crap weather somebody calls it a clip, magazine, ammo tube, or that thingy where the bullits go, and while on the subject, its not cool at all when a newby that thinks they know about guns, permits, law in general, comes on here and ether takes issue, or corrects someone with there own OPINION, then you have everybody pissed at you, then after that weather your right or not your opinion will be taken with a grain of salt, and you may just get told to F off
    99.9 percent of the time, whether you're talking to a (gun guy) or not the people you're speaking with know exactly what you're talking about, and personally I couldn't give a crap whether somebody calls it a clip, magazine, ammo tube, or that thingy where the bullets go, and while on the subject, it's not cool at all when a newbie that thinks they know about guns, permits, law in general, comes on here and either takes issue, or corrects someone with their own OPINION, then you have everybody pissed at you, then after that whether you're right or not your opinion will be taken with a grain of salt, and you may just get told to F off

Okay, I corrected the spelling, but I'm not going to tackle the grammar.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by weekendskp View Post
    99.9 percent of the time, whether you're talking to a (gun guy) or not the people you're speaking with know exactly what you're talking about, and personally I couldn't give a crap whether somebody calls it a clip, magazine, ammo tube, or that thingy where the bullets go, and while on the subject, it's not cool at all when a newbie that thinks they know about guns, permits, law in general, comes on here and either takes issue, or corrects someone with their own OPINION, then you have everybody pissed at you, then after that whether you're right or not your opinion will be taken with a grain of salt, and you may just get told to F off

Okay, I corrected the spelling, but I'm not going to tackle the grammar.
    OK, just a couple of questions, are you a school teacher, or a practicing smartass who looks they have nothing better to do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast