Ammo Prices?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fuhr52

Ammo Prices?

This is a discussion on Ammo Prices? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; My brother told me that he heard, at an Ohio gun show today, that starting in April the price of ...

handgonnetoter Guest

Default Ammo Prices?

My brother told me that he heard, at an Ohio gun show today, that starting in April the price of ammo and related items (bullets, brass) is going up 7-11%. Has anyone else heard about the cost of the metals going up?

B2Tall is offline Stirrer of the Pot

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    My brother told me that he heard, at an Ohio gun show today, that starting in April the price of ammo and related items (bullets, brass) is going up 7-11%. Has anyone else heard about the cost of the metals going up?
    Who told him that.....an ammo dealer?? Sounds like a selling ploy to me but you never know. I was at a gun show today and was pleasantly surprised by the bulk ammo prices. I bought 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 for $219. Great prices on some of my favorite brands of range ammo (PMC, Magtech). If I wasn't already heavily stocked up on 9mm , .45, and .223 I would have bought more.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

handgonnetoter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Who told him that.....an ammo dealer?? Sounds like a selling ploy to me but you never know. I was at a gun show today and was pleasantly surprised by the bulk ammo prices. I bought 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62 for $219. Great prices on some of my favorite brands of range ammo (PMC, Magtech). If I wasn't already heavily stocked up on 9mm , .45, and .223 I would have bought more.
    Yeah, could be more price hype just to get someone to buy a bulk load of ammo. He called me about it to see if I had heard anything, but I have not heard a thing, so I thought I would see if any of you guys had heard anything.

There could be some increase with copper being a precious metal, but I would guess that it just may be part of an all around general price increase. Inflation is pretty much inevitable in this economy, or any economy for that matter. It is just a matter of time.

The President does not like me taking the role of an economist, so I will just say that this is my opinion!

Default price of metals

Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Sometimes, when there is a massive increase in demand for metals (like when you are rebuilding a country that has had catastrophic damage to its infrastructure) then metal pricing may go up.

However, I would be more inclined to agree with handgonnetoter and b2tall: could just be a ploy to get people to buy MORE NOW.

Another thing to consider, with all the money the fed is printing inflation will kick in here soon if it hasn't already.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan