Hiding Guns
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Hiding Guns

This is a discussion on Hiding Guns within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I see lots of information about hiding guns. Some say to use a gun safe . My thought is that ...

Default Hiding Guns

I see lots of information about hiding guns. Some say to use a gun safe. My thought is that a thief would then take the entire safe and open it later. If you lock them up, how can you get them when you need them?
    Would it not be better to hide them in the open? Things like a traveling golf bag.

There decorative picture frames and clocks that you can have in the open that hide your weapons in. I found a couple in the NRA online store and other places it's worth checking oit

A lot of people have long guns too and they put them in giant safes that can't be moved without a lot of effort (think piano moving).

I generally agree with your idea though. I try to get a little more imaginative with where mr. glock goes than my dresser drawer.

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

Quote Originally Posted by CAmerica View Post
    I see lots of information about hiding guns. Some say to use a gun safe. My thought is that a thief would then take the entire safe and open it later. If you lock them up, how can you get them when you need them?
    Would it not be better to hide them in the open? Things like a traveling golf bag.
    Speaking as a former thief any place you can think of to hide your guns I've already thought to look in.

Get a safe , keep one gun w/ you and lock the rest up
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Speaking as a former thief any place you can think of to hide your guns I've already thought to look in.

Can't beat a reference like that!

Speaking as a former thief...
    Well, that would explain why you and I butt heads so much. LOL

DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A BEAST ????
    SO NOW YOU'RE A THIEF, HMMM !!!!
    I THOUGHT YOU WERE A NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH DUDE, aka "Tactical Mall Ninja" on another thread ???? Well that would explain the stalking around the neighborhood.

The problem is that criminals are just as smart as you and I. So any hiding place we thought of: so did they.

The trick is that time and deception are the keys.

Any criminal will want to get out as quick as possible. So the longer it takes to find whatever you're trying to hide. The more likely they'll settle for something else less valuable.

Its not my job and I'm not sure I should teach you everything I've learned in the past 40 years while doing things I probably shouldn't have been doing.

But use your imagination. Make thinks hard to get at.

I also like to leave something of obvious value in plain sight in the hope that they might take it and run.

Of course I can't guarantee this will work but it might be worth a try.

I like to leave a Wad of bills with a Rubber Band around them. My best older watch that I no longer wear. And a stage Prop 1911 Pistol. The Pistol is not real. Will not chamber a round. Has no firing pin. But will hold a real magazine with real .45 APC cartridges which I load it with. And a Badge that Says "Security." And some old keys I buy cheap at flea markets.

It looks like it's waiting for me to go to work. So I don't forget anything.

If he's in a hurry he'll see what he thinks he sees and grab and run.

Make sure you report the robbery.

Because:

The sword always has two edges. After he figures out he's been played: he might come back really pissed. But that's what the .45 on my hip is for.

I also keep a sign that says "DANGER RADIATIOIN" prominently displayed. I honestly doubt that this would scare anyone away: but it only cost ten bucks and it's a nice conversation piece. And: everyone is afraid of something.

No matter how clever you think you are at hiding a gun, a child will find it.

Last edited by wallyb; 03-30-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: no pics

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast