Most unusual EDC pistol you've seen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Most unusual EDC pistol you've seen.

This is a discussion on Most unusual EDC pistol you've seen. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; A few years ago I ran into a gentleman in Idaho who open-carried a pistol almost as big as his ...

Default Most unusual EDC pistol you've seen.

A few years ago I ran into a gentleman in Idaho who open-carried a pistol almost as big as his leg. It was, I believe, a replica of the famous Walker Colt -- a .44 caliber cap-and-ball revolver dating back to the 1840's.

He said he carried it every day, and shot it, cleaned it, and reloaded it every evening. His choice, but I thought it odd nonetheless.

Has anyone seen anything to top that?

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Bad.....ass.......

Not my first choice...to each his own

The nice thing about a cap and ball type is that it is not considered a pistol and therefore legal in most places. You order one of those on line and they send it right to your door without a FFL involved and don't need any kind of permit to carry it almost anywhere.

I didn't realize that.

But I have enjoyed the two opportunities I've had to shoot an old black powder revolver. I love all that smoke. lol.

wow, that is so cool.

But I think that gunsite has a class for cap and ball as a defensive carry. or was it a single action revolver?

shoot I do not remember anymore.

but anyway. it is cool, because it is so old school.

Ah...Idaho....
    Ton up!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The nice thing about a cap and ball type is that it is not considered a pistol and therefore legal in most places. You order one of those on line and they send it right to your door without a FFL involved and don't need any kind of permit to carry it almost anywhere.
    if you are a felon it exempts you from #'s laws but you may still have to make the trip to iron bars
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    if you are a felon it exempts you from #'s laws but you may still have to make the trip to iron bars
    A good point that I have never researched. Since a C&B is not considered a gun it is exempt but it probably would be considered a weapon ao a felon could probably be charged and sent back to jail.

Strangest carry I've done is my 22lr Cobra Derringer in my underwear as a BUG. Scottevest sells clothes that has lots of pockets (their coats are great for EDC in the winter months by the way Outback Jacket from SCOTTEVEST/SeV - Outback Jacket with Hidden Pockets). Well they sell underwear that has a pocket designed more to hold an ipod - i guess if you're walking around the house in your underwear or something. I thought it was an ideal size for my derringer so I tried it. It did work great and was comfortable. Not very practical though - it makes a pocket holster look like a quickdraw. I tried it out just to see if I could. Not my usual EDC.

Crazy stuff. It wasn't a firearm but I did know a guy who carried a piece of wire. I am talking a piece of 500MCM which ways about a pound per foot. Not the best choice but I am sure it would hurt to get whacked by it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast