Inform a taxi driver or not of your CPL and firearm? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree12Likes

Inform a taxi driver or not of your CPL and firearm?

This is a discussion on Inform a taxi driver or not of your CPL and firearm? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Originally Posted by localgirl:226289 I'm with chen and mendoza. If I'm being stopped or questioned, I am more likely to ...

Firefighterchen is offline OC for Tactical Advantage

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl:226289
    I'm with chen and mendoza. If I'm being stopped or questioned, I am more likely to tell a cop because of the power he has been granted. It doesn't mean I always will, and it is not necessarily the brave thing to do. LCDR's point, and it is a valid one, is that we shouldn't have to inform, and we shouldn't assume that just because someone has a badge that they have the authority to force us to.
    I will not tell him unless I believe its in MY best interest. Not sure you understood my standpoint. This officer is a stranger to me, I will treat them as a stranger, just like I treat taxi drivers as strangers. Neither get to know about my sidearm unless its pertinent to MY safety.

So, everyone be honest here..do you tell officers for their safety or because you feel you have less of a chance of being shot by a canton *aka psycho* officer?

In certain areas of the country, Taxi drivers are often armed in spite of policy. NM had a series of armed robberies and violent assaults (at least one deadly) of Taxi Drivers many years ago, finally one desperate driver shot back. After that incident and a few other 'situations', things got much quieter in the NM Taxi business.

Couple this with G50's question about informing the front desk at a motel/hotel, I would think if the cab driver is taking me to a motel, I should be able to combine the release of such information at that time and kill two birds with one stone (no pun intended).

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Couple this with G50's question about informing the front desk at a motel/hotel, I would think if the cab driver is taking me to a motel, I should be able to combine the release of such information at that time and kill two birds with one stone (no pun intended).
    Or if checking in realy late, two bats with one stone.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345