Another "What do you recommend" thread, with some "what do you not recommend" too..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another "What do you recommend" thread, with some "what do you not recommend" too..

1. Another "What do you recommend" thread, with some "what do you not recommend" too..

I am a bit impatient when it comes to searching through thousands and thousands of posts to get recommendations on weapons, so instead I thought I would try posting the question again...

The question is, what do you recommend as a carry weapon. Some criteria I am set on (I think) would be:

- Would like a larger caliber (.40 or .45, maybe a 9mm)
    - Am looking for something that has decent recoil and isnt super-poppy
    - Am ok to carry a compact versus a subcompact
    - The bigger the capacity the better
    - Would like to try and be reasonable in price
    - Am not too keen on getting a Glock (just because everyone else has one it seems).

If you are bored and want to make a recommendation, please feel free to do so... Let me know why you think its great.

Also, what weapons should one avoid and why?

Thanks in advance for your time!

2. I love answering this question and will any number of times. I really am impressed with my Ruger LC9. Very concealable, very shootable, recoil not that bad for a little gun at 9mm. Oh, and I am very happy with the Crossbreed SuperTuck holster I purchased for the LC9 (figured you'd probably want to know that bit too).
    Last edited by xenaxdsc; 10-11-2011 at 06:08 PM. Reason: added info about holster

I second the Lc9, fun gun!
    "Love your country, love your family, love your gun!"
    Herb Parsons

Everyone seems to have a Glock for a damn good reason. I wouldn't not get one just because it is popular. There are too many variables in your question for me to answer with my phone. Do you have a range where they rent different guns so you can try several out to see what you like?

I 2nd skiluvr03's comment Glock for good reason, Takes a licken keeps on clicken
    Almost 20 years old and still no issues
    My glock model 22

My next handgun is gonna be a F.N.H. 5.7 X 28mm in matte black 20 round magazine priced one today in shop just over 750.oo

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    - Am not too keen on getting a Glock (just because everyone else has one it seems).
    Are you looking for a gun for legitimate protection or a gun that nobody else has, and that you can show off or look cool with?
    Everyone else has a Glock because they are great guns. Buy a Glock if you want legitimate protection.

My regular carry is a Springfield XD9sc. Great gun for most situations, but during the heat of the SC summers I'll opt for my Kahr PM9. Conceals better wearing shorts and t-shirts. The XD eats any and everything, never a single hiccup. The Kahr was a little finicky at first but getting better with a little break-in. Glocks are great guns, several friends have'um and I shoot them on a regular basis at the range. The XD just fits my hand better and I seem to be more accurate with the XD.

Good reason why a lot of people have Glocks, they are good. I loke my .40 cal. I also have a .380, 45 and .32.

10. There are so many options these days its crazy. Glock, the xd(m) series, Taurus 709 and 740 slim, Taurus mellenium pro series, ruger Sr9(c), s&w m&p(c) ect ect ect. You really just gotta go somewhere where you can rent them, borrow some friends or spend a lot of time at a store handling each one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast