Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg

This is a discussion on Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; Fan accidentally shoots himself in legNewsCore 7Updated Nov 7, 2011 2:56 AM ET A fan shot himself in the leg ...

GTH

Unhappy Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg

Fan accidentally shoots himself in legNewsCore 7Updated Nov 7, 2011 2:56 AM ET
    A fan shot himself in the leg while sitting in his car in the parking lot of Gillette Stadium before Sunday's New England Patriots game against the New York Giants.

According to Foxborough police the 50-year-old man was trying to empty the chamber of the licensed handgun when it went off about 3 p.m. local time, The Boston Globe reported.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James confirmed the incident to myFOXboston.com.

"I can confirm that there was an accidental discharge of a handgun resulting in a self-inflicted wound to a patron in a parking lot prior to today's game,"James said. "The patron was treated at a local hospital and is in stable condition."

James also said there are no rules against having a gun in the parking lot, but stressed firearms are not allowed inside the stadium.

Foxborough police conducted an investigation and concluded it was an accident. No one else was injured in the incident.

Be careful always be careful.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries

Was NOT an "accidental" discharge. It was a NEGLIGENT discharge, if you ask me.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Right on, tuts. Accidents cannot be prevented. Negligence can.

Seems like if they just allowed legally possessed firearms to be carried in the stadium, this negligent discharge could have been prevented.
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

When it comes right down to it, it never would have happened if he was allowed to keep on carrying.

On the other hand, it may have been someone else in the stadium if he was that unsure of how to deal with his weapon.

I agree, there are no accidents, only negligence.

At least he had it pointed in a safer direction than towards other folks in the parking lot:):):)

KK

Quote Originally Posted by GTH View Post
    Fan accidentally shoots himself in legNewsCore 7Updated Nov 7, 2011 2:56 AM ET
    A fan shot himself in the leg while sitting in his car in the parking lot of Gillette Stadium before Sunday's New England Patriots game against the New York Giants.

According to Foxborough police the 50-year-old man was trying to empty the chamber of the licensed handgun when it went off about 3 p.m. local time, The Boston Globe reported.

Patriots spokesman Stacey James confirmed the incident to myFOXboston.com.

"I can confirm that there was an accidental discharge of a handgun resulting in a self-inflicted wound to a patron in a parking lot prior to today's game,"James said. "The patron was treated at a local hospital and is in stable condition."

James also said there are no rules against having a gun in the parking lot, but stressed firearms are not allowed inside the stadium.

Foxborough police conducted an investigation and concluded it was an accident. No one else was injured in the incident.
    This was no accident. This was negligent. I would pull his permit before he hurts someone else. In my world you get one SHOT at this.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    This was no accident. This was negligent. I would pull his permit before he hurts someone else. In my world you get one SHOT at this.
    So you're perfect? Pull the badges of every cop that has a negligent discharge? Pull the driver's license for anybody who has ever been deemed to be at fault for a vehicle accident? How about banning a CCW instructor from instructing who has ever given out a false piece of information?
    Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman. Amerika: a place where the serfs are afraid of the action the police may take against them for perfectly legal behavior.

G50AE is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How about banning a CCW instructor from instructing who has ever giving out a false piece of information?
    Maybe we should take away his or her "CCW Instructor's Badge".

The only way I can picture this happening would be if he was trying to lower the hammer on a 1911 style gun. I can't think of another situation where this would happen. Hopefully more details will come forward.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast