Building a gun safe.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Building a gun safe.

This is a discussion on Building a gun safe. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; I am looking at building a gun safe and was hoping to get some ideas of what to include in ...

Default Building a gun safe.

I am looking at building a gun safe and was hoping to get some ideas of what to include in it. go nuts yall just lookin into it at the moment but I want to have it done in the next 2 months tops. Dont have the funds for a safe that I really want but I figure I can make one for much less. Any and all ideas are helpful. Thanks yall
    God, Family, and Country. In that order and none are to ever be forsaken.

"ife is tough, but it's tougher when your stupid." - The imortal John Wayne

I'd also like to build one.Sounds like a plan.Let me know how it turns out.

Default My .02

My safe might not be your idea of a safe.
    in my shop I cut a trap door in the floor,dug out the area to size plus 1foot pored 6 inch concrete pads after @ 4 days placed them in vault area and whoa-la

How about the cheap method of turning a closet into a secure storage room. If you own your house, choose a small, less used closet, reinforce it with strong hinges, maybe put the hinges on the inside of the closet. Buy a good dead lock or 2. Reinforce the walls from the inside if you feel the need. There is the cheap method.

With the high powered cordless tools available today, a simple reinforced wall is not much protection. It might slow a sneak thief but a determined thief who knows you have guns will breach any wood construction in just a few minutes. The OP does not indicate what material he is familiar with(wood or metal).So I can't make specific recommendations. I used steel panels in the walls sandwiched between chipboard and a steel framed door made from 1" square tubing with blind hinges and double padlocks(different keys).

Default Gun safe

I just got a Sentinel safe from Walmart holds up to 18 rifles (Interior is easily reconfigured), Only cost $150.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wurz View Post
    I just got a Sentinel safe from Walmart holds up to 18 rifles (Interior is easily reconfigured), Only cost $150.00
    Not to bust your bubble but that is considered a security cabinet and does nothing more that keep the casual house guest out of your stuff. But hey, if that's all you need, have at it.

KK

Dang it guys, I need a paycheck. Just go find something here! GunSafes.com

Oh, there's also safe and security doors, if you INSIST on building your own.
    Ton up!

I would like to build my own gun safe also. But the one I want will have lights in it with sliding drawers for hand guns and a recliner,flat screen tv,sound proofing,laptop,no phone.....sorry, I got carried away. I was serious about drawers and the lights.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GregsSmiths View Post
    I would like to build my own gun safe also. But the one I want will have lights in it with sliding drawers for hand guns and a recliner,flat screen tv,sound proofing,laptop,no phone.....sorry, I got carried away. I was serious about drawers and the lights.
    LOL .. i built one last winter - $1200 including alarm system .. 8'x8'x7' .. heated - A/C .. steel door - 1 3/4 dead bolts .. use my wireless laptop as TV .. work bench - all guns stored in individual cases - dehumidifier .. BUT it is NOT FIREPROOF/WATERPROOF .. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast