A Rant on Irresponsible Gun Ownership
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

A Rant on Irresponsible Gun Ownership

This is a discussion on A Rant on Irresponsible Gun Ownership within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Main Category category; In my line of work I have the responsibility of dealing with some of peoples worst problems and hopefully help ...

Default A Rant on Irresponsible Gun Ownership

In my line of work I have the responsibility of dealing with some of peoples worst problems and hopefully help them solve it. There are a few things that get under my skin and frustrate me more than others. One of them is irresponsible gun ownership, and handling. Last week I was at a mans house who wanted to report his two handguns stolen. The bad part is that they were stolen three days prior and he just felt the need to call. At 5:30 in the morning. His story was that his sister came over and stole a safe the guns were located in while he was at work. I asked the complainant why would his sister do this and he couldn't give a reason why. He stated his sister called him at work and told him she took the safe, and wouldn't return it until he gave her money. I started asking him basic questions like what kind of guns are they and all he knew was they are a black .38, and silver .25. No serial numbers, no manufacturer, no model. Couldn't even tell me if he could find the information later. While completing my paper work he tells me his sisters on her way.
    When the sister shows up I asked her if she still had the guns, and of course I was the bad guy for asking. She claimed to not have them, and that she stole the safe knowing the guns were in there because her brother stole money from her, and this was her way of getting back at him. After a deep breath I asked where the guns were and she said she didn't know, because she told her youngest brother, who commonly smokes PCP laced cigarettes, to come get them. (If your not familiar, PCP, makes people become very violent and the effects last hours.)
    Of course when I asked where the youngest brother was I was again the bad guy for asking. So now there are two small caliber handguns floating around the city just waiting to get in the wrong hands.
    I completely support the 2nd amendment, and feel any responsible, educated person should own a gun if they want to, but there needs to be a better education system before people can own guns. Again this is just my rant, but please do share your thoughts.
    “Vereor non magus nocens lupus”

www.mysheepdoglife.com

As much as I do believe in the second amendment, I have to agree with you that society has come to the point where I feel there must be a system to weed out the chaff of society.

It's hard to say you believe in the second amendment with conditions, because there are no conditions in the amendment, but there has to be common sense because natural selection can be illegal:);)

KK

Larry Saxon is offline gunslinger57

one in a long list of reasons i keep my safe's bolted to the concrete floor, & stay away from the dreg's of society. have had these type of people in my life before, never again.

Does the sister have mental problems? Who in her right mind would give guns to someone who uses PCP?

Default responsible gun ownership

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdogjmanz View Post
    In my line of work I have the responsibility of dealing with some of peoples worst problems and hopefully help them solve it. There are a few things that get under my skin and frustrate me more than others. One of them is irresponsible gun ownership, and handling. Last week I was at a mans house who wanted to report his two handguns stolen. The bad part is that they were stolen three days prior and he just felt the need to call. At 5:30 in the morning. His story was that his sister came over and stole a safe the guns were located in while he was at work. I asked the complainant why would his sister do this and he couldn't give a reason why. He stated his sister called him at work and told him she took the safe, and wouldn't return it until he gave her money. I started asking him basic questions like what kind of guns are they and all he knew was they are a black .38, and silver .25. No serial numbers, no manufacturer, no model. Couldn't even tell me if he could find the information later. While completing my paper work he tells me his sisters on her way.
    When the sister shows up I asked her if she still had the guns, and of course I was the bad guy for asking. She claimed to not have them, and that she stole the safe knowing the guns were in there because her brother stole money from her, and this was her way of getting back at him. After a deep breath I asked where the guns were and she said she didn't know, because she told her youngest brother, who commonly smokes PCP laced cigarettes, to come get them. (If your not familiar, PCP, makes people become very violent and the effects last hours.)
    Of course when I asked where the youngest brother was I was again the bad guy for asking. So now there are two small caliber handguns floating around the city just waiting to get in the wrong hands.
    I completely support the 2nd amendment, and feel any responsible, educated person should own a gun if they want to, but there needs to be a better education system before people can own guns. Again this is just my rant, but please do share your thoughts.
    +1 on your rant.

Nightmare45 is offline NRA LIFE MEMBER

Maybe folks should also prove they are smart enough to vote. Quick question, how did your sister gain entry, no better than a crook, two bullets center mass, haul her pos body off the property.

cmhbob is offline Sig fault.

As an ex-cop, I have to ask how you wrote this one up? Did anyone go to jail yet?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

She did not gain entry to the OP's house...it was the other guy who was telling him the story.

Anyway, I hope you feel a little bit light after writing your story and ranting about it. I know I will...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Well, I understand your rant but.We do not need any Government program to decide who can and cannot own guns. I can see this becoming another way to control the weapons. It would start simple. Four-hour classes on gun safety...Then before long it will be 20 hours...them 100 hours and required DNA and a owners tax..... Government cannot even effectively manage its self...I don't want then to mandate classes for gun owners...

Treo is offline Bullet Proof

The whole story sounds like crap to me
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast